This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Report: Blu-ray Disc Sales Impacting DVD

teamerickson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
El Dorado Hills, CA
Report: Blu-ray Disc Sales Impacting DVD | High-Def Digest

Ok, again I know this isn't the war zone. I have no doubt that the number of BD's is increasing. But...Percentage. What are the numbers of discs sold to reach that percentage? A title like No Country was an excellent movie but does not have the audience that a movie like Transformers would have.

S~

It sold under 1,000,000 on DVD.

I agree on the volume comment by teachsac, however I for one am buying more and going to the theater less. The money Ive spent on a tv and BD player makes me want to stay home(i ordered NCFOM two days ago along with Hitman). I spend $30 everytime I go, so if its a movie I would have went out and seen, I just buy it on BD.

And they use this flop to write an article suggesting that BD is now a player against DVD???? :haha :haha :haha

I have a BD player and still only buy DVD for anyone in the family except myself. With the children's/family titles they have to be playable in the portable player for the car. No good way to do that now with BD, except maybe making a copy using the DVD burner. That's kind of a hassle, and the video quality is not very good.

I read that on highdefdigest a few days ago. I was thinking then that we should keep the war zone open for a future dvd vs. blu ray war zone.