Report: Sprint to become "King of data speed"

Many threads on this but just because a map shows it, does not mean that is what you will get in that location. Amazing out where I live in the Houston Tx burbs, go from medium signal at house, to no signal down the road and roaming, back to Spark speeds next to their Sprint store (of course) :). All within about 5 miles.

Many threads on this but just because a map shows it, does not mean that is what you will get in that location. Amazing out where I live in the Houston Tx burbs, go from medium signal at house, to no signal down the road and roaming, back to Spark speeds next to their Sprint store (of course) :). All within about 5 miles.

Hell, one of the local Sprint stores in town, talks about their internet speeds, while being connected to the Bar next door ....

I questioned them about it, is how I was told about the neighbors connection being used.

795860710.png

I just wish Sprint or Apple would release a firmware update for iPhone 5c/5s to enable "Spark".

795860710.png

I just wish Sprint or Apple would release a firmware update for iPhone 5c/5s to enable "Spark".

Is "Spark" something that Can be enabled with an Update ?

Can it be used on the previous generation 4G phones with an update ?

My theory is they will not update previous models so they can make New sales.

Last edited:
Is "Spark" something that nCan be enabled with an Update ?

Can it be used on the previous generation 4G phones with an update ?

My theory is they will not update previous models so they can make New sales.

No, Spark uses different bands then reg LTE, so the phone's radio has to be capible of using those other bands.

The thing about the iPhone is that it is already compatible with those bands because it's pretty much a world every band phone.

LTE (4G)
700 Lower 700 (AT&T) / band 17 USA
750 Upper 700 (Verizon) / band 13 USA
850 Cellular / band 5 (V) Americas, Oceania, Brazil, Israel
850 Extended Cellular / band 26 USA
900 band 8 (VIII) Europe, Asia, Africa
1700 AWS / band 4 (IV) Americas
1800 DCS / band 3 (III) Europe, Asia, Africa
1900 PCS / band 2 (II) Americas
1900 PCS+G / band 25 USA
2100 IMT / band 1 (I) Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania, Brazil, India, Israel

WCDMA (3G / 4G)
850 Cellular / band 5 (V) Americas, Oceania, Brazil, Israel
900 band 8 (VIII) Europe, Asia, Africa
1700 AWS / band 4 (IV) Americas
1900 PCS / band 2 (II) Americas
2100 IMT / band 1 (I) Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania, Brazil, India, Israel

CDMA (2G / 3G)
800 ESMR / BC10 Americas
850 Cellular / BC0 Americas, Oceania, Brazil, Israel
1700 AWS / BC15 Americas
1900 PCS / BC1 Americas

GSM (2G)
850 Cellular Americas, Oceania, Brazil, Israel
900 Europe, Asia, Africa
1800 DCS Europe, Asia, Africa
1900 PCS Americas

plus LTE bands 19, 20 / not all versions support CDMA / LTE 850 (band 26) on Sprint version only

Tired of getting 15-20Kbps of data, or worse, timeouts, while running errands at the popular shopping areas on the weekends. Sprint has LET enabled for the past 3-4 months...and it's great if you live your life in that half-mile square area. I'm getting so sick and tired of Sprint enabled one or two LTE towers in an area, advertising their superior network, and then making no further upgrades. We've got one-third of the area sharing an outdated 3G network from Friday night-Sunday afternoon, and it's only getting worse as they keep selling more smartphones.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/772358448
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/772359554

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts