Reported: KHON Hawaii audio dropouts

ttomni6

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
Maui
Already reported to DISH tech support...

KHON In Hawaii 1 second audio dropout every 12 seconds

Occurs on the HD feeds only. SD feed audio ok.

KHON sub channel has no problem..

Dropouts also occur on both national and local commercials.

No other channels have problems.

KHON also had audio and video problems a year or so ago that did not appear on any other locals.

Last time we dealt with this issue with KHON, there were questions whether the issue was the uplink in Colorado or the feed from KHON to the uplink.

At that time I was told that the uplink went bad, DISH repaired the uplink machine and then put it back in service.

At the same time, it was also determined that the feed from KHON to DISH was also defective.

Where we stand now is a question mark.

When I spoke with DISH, it was indicated that the response to this issue would also depend on how many other subscribers reported problems.

I recommend that affected subscribers report this issue and ask for at least a $5 credit per month for 3 months.

Last edited:
Sent to the Direct TV forum 12/14/2016:
I'm a DISH subscriber and for the last several days, we have experienced a 1 second audio dropout every 12 seconds. I reported this to DISH tech support 3 days ago (as of 12/14/2016) and the problem still remains.

About a year ago, both DirectTV and DISH subscribers were experiencing audio and video problems from this same station. These problems lasted several months until both DirectTV subs and DISH subs reported the problem.

From what was explained to me, both DirectTV and DISH get their signal from an over the air antenna from KHON. The signal is then sent to our respective uplink locations.

So please report if you are experiencing problems so we don't have to go through months of unwatchable stations and it helps our providers to troubleshoot the problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)