Reporting Spam Emails - A Must See

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

hdtvtechno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Found a cool site to report spam emails that you get in your email accounts
Some may allready know this site, but if you dont..

check it out at SpamCop.net - Beware of cheap imitations

first sign up a free email account at like yahoo or hotmail or choose your own free email
to use with reporting spam with spamcop

then sign in your regular email account in which u have recieved spam in,
go to your options menu, and make sure u enable view all email headers, and disable images/external html
and enable forward emails as attachments

then start reporting the emails in which are spam..
Sign in your spamcop account

then forward the spam emails to spamcop... it should go to spamcop email address something like submit.@spam.spamcop.net
when log in your spamcop account, it should show u the email to which forward the spam to..

Make sure u pick the right email contact in which u send the spam reports too..
because some are tricky

It should go to
here are a few examples

spam@isp.com
spamabuse@isp.com
abuse@isp.com
hostmaster@isp.com
postmaster@isp.com

etc... something similiar to those

resplace the @isp.com with the right address in which spamcop has suggested

If you do all this, this should stop the spread of futher spams and shut down the spammers email accounts and the spammers website in which they are advertising...

Contact me if u have any question, or problems sending spam reports...

Glad to see they're still around. An awesome service I used to get a lot of use of before we got a barracuda.

The problem is that the vast majority of spam can be traced back to a very few foreign sites dedicated to the purpose. Do you really think that ISP is going to take any action? You will catch the poor slob who is trying to promote his carpet cleaning business, but will do nothing to stop the flow of cheap drugs, or male enhancement garbage.

Although I love the barracuda, the more I think of it, I believe the most effective anti-spam thing we have done was blocking at the edge router all inbound SMTP from Korea and China. Network admins in that region of the world have no clue or no desire to run a secure network.

That rule has been in place over a year now and I have had exactly two queries regarding a legitimate email from somebody in that region out of millions of emails. I told them to use their hotmail or gmail account to communicate with that person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)