This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Reprogramming a SA Explorer 8300 SD

denovan

Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
I was given an Explorer 8300 SD converter/PVR as a birthday present last year. It's programmed for Rogers Canada CATV.

I've since moved out of the city and can no longer connect to Rogers CATV - the service isn't even offered out here. So I'm stuck with this lump of useless hardware...

Surely I must be able to recover this piece of equipment and use it as a PVR. yeah?. I can't even get it to run so that I can recover my saved programs on it. Without being connected to Rogers, the channel display indicates only channels 997 and 998, and nothing on the telly, not even a menu.

I just want to use it as a PVR. Does anyone know where I can get a generic PVR code and instructions that I can flash it with? I'm a PC technician by trade, so I'm not new to this kinda stuff... I just don't know where to go looking for the code. Somehow, I can't see SA just letting me have a generic flash. Doesn't mean I'm not going to try anyways...

Thanks guys...