Request to all posters - Please put location in profile

Scott Greczkowski said:
Remember if you do update this field just put your general loction (or even nearest major city) we don't need your exact address. :)

(I got a few people PM me about this thread saying it was a violation of their privacy, when it's not.)

lol See, I told you some people got nervous!
Personally I find it no big deal. What is someone going to do..... track down SatelliteGAL? Lots of luck.... you wont find much.

SatelliteGAL said:
lol See, I told you some people got nervous!
Personally I find it no big deal. What is someone going to do..... track down SatelliteGAL? Lots of luck.... you wont find much.

well some added their location so made some progress, maybe someone else should post this again in another 3 months :D or just keep adding comments to this one to keep it at the top of the forum ! :devil:

With no actual requirement to disclose the address there is no violation of privacy. of course if you allw ant to come over to my place tonight fine. I will send you directions.

Some people could be located in some other country .. say some other North American country.. and do not want to reveal that...

There is also no way to verify that the information is correct. That's why I have the beautiful garden spot of Moreno Valley, CA proudly listed as my location. I actually live in Hilo, HI but am usually too embarassed to tell anyone.

dlsnyder said:
There is also no way to verify that the information is correct. That's why I have the beautiful garden spot of Moreno Valley, CA proudly listed as my location. I actually live in Hilo, HI but am usually too embarassed to tell anyone.

I'm the same way. I list South of Boston, but really I'm more South/South-east. :D

Updated mine. I would add that the site doesn't intuitively show you how its done. Found it was hidden under the Quick Links. It would be nice if it was more noticeble. Maybe more people would do it without asking.

If you are from a small city or rural area it would be good to give a hint at the closest major city or landmark.

I live in a little town called Yucaipa in Sourthern California - most people can't even pronounce it, and won't have a clue where it is located in California. I referenced Palm Springs because the closest real major city is San Bernardino and frankly I am embarased to be anywhere close to that city.

622 reboot problem?

Why are you upgrading?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)