Resent signal loss during rain (New)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Good afternoon,
Ive had Dish since Aug. 2004 and during that time I think I only loss signal once during a heavy rain. Lately Ive been loosing signal more often during rain but it seems to happen with less severe rain.
I have a Dish 522 and today under cloudy Sky's my signals are:
satellite 119 transponder 11 signal 111
satellite 119 transponder 12 signal 118
satellite 110 transponder 11 signal 94
satellite 110 transponder 12 signal 120

I've tried a check switch but still the same. Could there be another problem that would cause this, or am I just experiencing extra thick clouds with this years summer rains?
Thank You
Lenny

SimpleSimon said:
Those numbers sound fine - but you can't use 110-12 for signal strength any more - it's a spotbeam. Use 22 instead.

Thank you, I'll continue to check the signals when the skys clear and allso when I have problems again to see what the readings are. Thanks for the heads up on 110, im getting 110-22=107 this number seem ok also. I just wonder if it could be a hardware issue that would couse the signal loss

Thought I would use this thread as it is related to signal loss due to rain. The past two days, the Washington DC DMA has been inundated with rain. My signal strength on the 61.5 bird tanked (42 and less) during heavy rain and I lost most, if not all of my HD channels as well as locals. My signal strength on 110 & 119 did the same, but not as severe.

I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this and if there is a solution to ease this problem.

animalhouse Im sure that most of the dc region experienced signal loss due to the rain so your not alone.

Something that I have noticed has been rain fade on my system that Im shutting down this week for good. I remember some of the weather documentaries that Ive been watching over the last few years all saying that storms were to get stronger so that makes me think that if they are getting stronger then the cloud cover must be getting a bit thicker and could have increased effect on signal degridation but this is only an asumption.

Still having a problem with STARZ HD, NatGeo HD, HG HD and NFL HD. HMMMMM. These are the new HD channels that Dish just added a few weeks ago. I checked the signal strength and noticed that two of the channels are on TP 20 of the 61.5 bird and the other two are on TP 22 of the 61.5 bird. Signal strength for both was down around 40. To make things even more amusing, it tries to change to the 105 bird to acquire a different satellite! Very interesting. :confused:

Here in NW Florida, we get an average of 50 inches of rain a year. I lose signal all the time due to rain. I have TiVo'd many a movie to find out when I went to watch it that 5 -10 minutes of the flick would be missing due to rain. That is Life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts