Using a D500 dedicated to the 129 - which LNB connector?

hiker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2005
SF Bay Area
I had a E* tech come out and replace my D1000 with 2 D500's, one for the 110-119 and the other for the 129. He setup the 129 one with the standard (Y ?) connector and a single LNB for the 129 is in the space where the 119 LNB normally is mounted and the 110 LNB space is empty. Not sure if this it optimized for best signal and I thought the open space for the other LNB looked odd. Signal strength average of all the HD TPs is 72, with a low of 70 and a high of 76.

Would it be an advantage to replace the Y connector with one for a single LNB? Others I have asked with D500 for the 129 have LNB aligned with the arm (single connector) like a D300.

Last edited:
OK, thanks. Any improvement, visually or signal will be welcomed. That margin might get me by in the rain, so I ordered one.

That's true, 5-10 pts. might be just enough to avoid rain fade. Plus it looks nicer. I have a picture of my D500 pointed at 129 with the I bracket, just click on "View my equipment".

The weather has been very strange the last couple of days in the BA. Just wanted to let you know that once you replace the Y bracket with the I bracket the dish needs to be re-aligned. IIRC, a few degrees to the east or to your right if you're standing in front of the dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)