Resetting a locked H20

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kdarcangelis870

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
One of my kids was messing around with one of my H20's today and somehow managed to block every single channel. I have tried many passcodes to no avail, even simple ones like 0000, and 1111. I tried to factory reset the receiver and it said I needed a passcode to do this. Does anyone know the buttons you have to press on the front of the receiver to reset to factory defaults?

I think you need to call DirecTV. After successfully identifying yourself, they can send a signal to remove the parental lock.

I think you need to call DirecTV. After successfully identifying yourself, they can send a signal to remove the parental lock.

You can HOPE that they can, I have seen timesa where they specifically tell you to remember your passcode, as they cannot release it because it's your.

Let us know what you find out, this was quite awhile back that I was told this, it would be good to know how they handle this.

Is there any possibility that a rehit would do it or anything that they could do from the website ?

Jimbo

You can HOPE that they can, I have seen timesa where they specifically tell you to remember your passcode, as they cannot release it because it's your.

Let us know what you find out, this was quite awhile back that I was told this, it would be good to know how they handle this.

Is there any possibility that a rehit would do it or anything that they could do from the website ?

Jimbo

I dont see why they wouldnt be able to release the passcode.

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I just called them and they reset it in like 5 seconds. I try to avoid calling them whenever possible, but sometimes you have to. They should have a tool in the account manager that could do this.

I don't use passwords but I can say on older receivers DirecTV can in fact erase the password block via satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)