Resetting Lock?

roadrhino

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 11, 2004
Hi,

I just obtained a new (for me) receiver at a yard sale that I intend to use as a backup. However, when testing it out, it seems to have a lock on the system. I went back and asked the former owner who says something like "I don't remember ... all sales final." Not too big of a deal, because I only paid $5.

However, I am wondering whether there is any way to reset the lock feature of a 2700.

Any thoughts?

Roadrhino

I had this same thing happen to me. I just called Dish Tech Support and they were able to send a signal to it to unlock it. It took maybe 3 minutes total time!

fire_317 said:
I had this same thing happen to me. I just called Dish Tech Support and they were able to send a signal to it to unlock it. It took maybe 3 minutes total time!

This is a normal service Dish performs. If you have features locked and forget your passcode, you can call them and they can remotely reset the code and disable locks. The important thing to remember is that when they send the unlock code to your receiver, it will unlock all receivers on your account. If you have locks on other receivers in your home, they will be disabled when you request the lock reset.

- Paul

Thanks to you all and to Joe236 who wrote:
Joe236 said:
Should be able to dump the memory by pressing

Menu
(within 4 seconds press the keys below)
info
Browse/Right Arrow
Theme/Left Arrow

You should now get the device status & memory dump screen. Press (tv/video) if that does not work, then press the (info) button. A non-volatile memory corrupt message should display. You need this message so if you don't get it start over.

Once you the the non-volatile message you need to unplug your reciever for 15 seconds then plug back in and everything should be reset.

my "new" receiver is now unlocked and works great!

All the best ...

Roadrhino

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts