Resetting the 311 receiver ALWAYS???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnnytuinals

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
Poconos
Anyone have the problems that i have,,,,When I turn my receiver on I have to reset it otherwise its will say looking for satellite...Its getting annoying on 2 of the receivers that I have...JohnnyT

When I first signed up with E*, I had 5 311s. Once a week one of them did what you're describing. I replaced cables, LNBs, switches, connectors, ground block, etc and the 311s still showed the acquiring satellite signal or the black screen of death from time to time when you turned them on.

I gave up and began replacing them all except for two of them and they still do it from time to time. All the other different receivers that I have don't do it. (625, 211and 501). I just learned to live it with and showed everyone how to reset them.

I wish I could give you an answer or solution but I've never been able to figure out why the 311s do that. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)