Resident Alien on SyFy

I didn’t realize that the second half of Season Two had started showing on the various NBC streaming apps.

I didn’t realize that the second half of Season Two had started showing on the various NBC streaming apps.
Season 2 finished a week ago, was going to watch it this weekend.

If this doesn't qualify as something destined for SyFy, what does?

I just hope we don't have to wait until 2026 for season 4. The CGI excuses are limited with this show.

Reactions: Keith Brannen
I read that the show is moving to USA network for the next season. Same company owns both Syfy and USA so it is just shuffling them to some different channel inside the same company.

Last edited:
Reactions: Howard Simmons
I read that the show is moving to USA network for the next season. Same company owns both Syfy and USA so it is just shuffling them to some different channel inside the same company.
There are major rumors right now about the SyFy Channel.

Basically, no more new content, making it a rerun channel, then USA would pick up what shows they wish to keep, along with a few other new shows for USA, which gets a much higher per sub fee then SyFy does.

Basically, no more new content, making it a rerun channel, then USA would pick up what shows they wish to keep, along with a few other new shows for USA, which gets a much higher per sub fee then SyFy does.
Before long they will just collapse their miscellaneous channels into one channel and you would get a variety of programming from different genres like ota networks do.

They are really killing the need for cable/satellite with these decisions. We don't need another rerun channel with no new content. You can get that with add included FREE services like Tubi and Pluto etc.

Reactions: osu1991
They are really killing the need for cable/satellite with these decisions. We don't need another rerun channel with no new content. You can get that with add included FREE services like Tubi and Pluto etc.
With revenue way down from the loss of per sub fees and advertising, the only way to make money is quit producing new content ( TNT/TBS are examples) and put extremely less expensive older content on the channel.

But, of course, the per sub fee is not being reduced.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Before long they will just collapse their miscellaneous channels into one channel and you would get a variety of programming from different genres like ota networks do.
Alternatively, we go back to one channel for each general area like we had 20 years ago and consolidate the whole mess into 40 channels that feature fresh and new scripted content. The only genre that won't work for is News and I suppose that should be left to the Internet.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Alternatively, we go back to one channel for each general area like we had 20 years ago and consolidate the whole mess into 40 channels that feature fresh and new scripted content.
That still will not work if they do not have enough people paying the per sub fee, plus the issues of advertising revenues.

Use the RSNs as an example, those paying a per sub fee has dropped to about 40 Million ( from a high of 100M 7 years ago).

They are all about to be gone within 2-3 years.

Even Diamond Sport’s plan to come out of Chapter 11 still showed them to be unprofitable , burning through the cash they get from Sinclair/Amazon.

The only genre that won't work for is News and I suppose that should be left to the Internet.
Already there, CBS 24 Hour News is the best of them.

Star Trek Discovery

The Bear (Hulu)