residential account with 6 recievers wants to add 7th?

stone phillips420

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
earth
how?
i have 6 receivers now 3 7200 1 501 1 721 1 522, and today i just bought the 625 from a sponsor of this site, i've been on the phone with dish all day, they say since they don't sell the receiver directly yet there is no way to activate the 625, this sound like the exact same thing when 522's came out, if anyone knows a way around this please post or pm me
i can add it if i want to add a second account at minimum of 29.99usd per month extra
ridiculous they should only charge 5usd extra like dtv
getting rid of 1 of my dvrs and adding 625 is not an option

They aren't supossed to have more than 6 receivers anyways so I'd check on that

heres a reply i found on dbstalk regarding more than 6 reciever per residential account
bar 1203 says
"You can have more than 6 recievers on 1 residential account but you have to go through the EODN.... At least thats how it worked when i worked for dish."
if anyone has the number for dishnets edon department please pm me
thanks

Not that it's any of my business but just how many people live in your house? Can you actually use 7 DVRs at the same time? (I have trouble keeping up with two) Not to mention the fact that you are paying $25 extra per month (will be $30 if you add another) just to keep them all active.

Have you considered deactivating one with a full drive, albeit temporarily till you get it cleaned out (most of the DVRs will let you watch what's recorded even if not currently subscribed), then reactivate it while deactivating another...?

I always thought that the dual tuner receivers with two tv outputs such as the 322 and 522 counted as two of the six allowed on the account.

Im fixin to run into this problem. I currently have a 921, 721, 508 and 811. I won another 921 in the chat this month that will be replacing the 508. That means I will have 7 tuners. I plan on using the argument that I could get rid of the 721 if the 921 was reliable enough.

I'm not sure about the 721's and 921's being counted as two tuners since it's two tuners on the same TV, but 322's and 522's are counted as two tuners toward a 6-tuner limit on a residential account. So technically, you can have up to 3 522 receivers on a residential account.

If you want more than 6 tuners on the account, they'll first give you the option of turning your account into a commercial account. But I can see that you really like DVR's. :-D

I've got a 921, a 510, two 508s (I recently upgraded from my two 7200s), and a 4900 active on my account. (I've got the signals split into two separate SW64s and fed from there).

I was always told by E* that they could not add one more receiver to my account (at the time I had 6 with them.) One of the reasons that I downgraded to just one receiver with them and HD pack and installed 7 receivers with D* instead. They wanted another account to be opened just for one receiver and pay them twice. They did not make it simple.

update just heard back from dish hq, i need to pay an addtional 100usd for a tech next wednesday to come out and install 625, then an extra 10usd a month 5 for extra reciever fee and 5 dvr fee, box will be added to my account and it is owned and not leased

StevenD said:
Im fixin to run into this problem. I currently have a 921, 721, 508 and 811. I won another 921 in the chat this month that will be replacing the 508. That means I will have 7 tuners. I plan on using the argument that I could get rid of the 721 if the 921 was reliable enough.
The 721 and 921 count as one receiver each, as they only have one independant output.

GaryPen said:
The 721 and 921 count as one receiver each, as they only have one independant output.
Thats good news. I was getting revved up for a fight! :D

stone phillips420 said:
update just heard back from dish hq, i need to pay an addtional 100usd for a tech next wednesday to come out and install 625, then an extra 10usd a month 5 for extra reciever fee and 5 dvr fee, box will be added to my account and it is owned and not leased

Well, that sounds reasonable except for the $100 part. I would guess you have already installed it yourself and just need them to send the activation signal, right? So maybe they are just looking at collecting $100 as an "inconvenience" fee. Or is it just "ordered" but they will only allow it to be "delivered" in person by an install technician?

StevenD said:
I don't think they base it on TUNERS....

I have 2 721's... Thats 4 tuners.. Plus I have 2 501's... Thats 6 now... plus I have 1 311... thats 7... if they based it on Tuners.. wouldn't I have hit the limit already?

If I remember right he bought one from Dishstore, and Dish is charging for a tech to install it. $99 fee is standard for an add'l outlet installation charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)