Wireless Joeys on account

blatimer1983

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
Mississippi
What is the maximum limit of wireless joeys you can have on Dish account? If four are allowed how many wireless Joey access points are required to feed all four joeys?

I love my Hopper 3 with wireless Joeys.

I just read somewhere that VIP and much older receivers like 2800 model if still in business will work with Dish Pro Hybrid LNB especially when it’s capable of switching to DPP mode.

The 2800 model satellite receiver has been retired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the maximum limit of wireless joeys you can have on Dish account? If four are allowed how many wireless Joey access points are required to feed all four joeys?

I love my Hopper 3 with wireless Joeys.

I just read somewhere that VIP and much older receivers like 2800 model if still in business will work with Dish Pro Hybrid LNB especially when it’s capable of switching to DPP mode.

The 2800 model satellite receiver has been retired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The last time I have heard six Joeys are allowed per account. As KAB has posted three of them can be wireless with the JWAP.

• Maximum Wireless Joeys per WJAP:
    • Gen 1 WJAP
      • Maximum of 2 Wireless Joeys allowed
    • Gen 2 WJAP
      • Maximum of 3 Wireless Joeys allowed
  • Hopper 2000 and Hopper w/ Sling:
    • Up to 3 Wireless Joeys and 2 WJAPs allowed per Hopper 3
  • Hopper 3
    • Up to 4 Wireless Joeys and 2 WJAPs allowed per Hopper 3
  • Wireless Joey signal must be consistently at a signal level of 45 or above for reliable operation

So if you have hopper3 you can have 4 wifi Joeys and two access points.

• Maximum Wireless Joeys per WJAP:
    • Gen 1 WJAP
      • Maximum of 2 Wireless Joeys allowed
    • Gen 2 WJAP
      • Maximum of 3 Wireless Joeys allowed
  • Hopper 2000 and Hopper w/ Sling:
    • Up to 3 Wireless Joeys and 2 WJAPs allowed per Hopper 3
  • Hopper 3
    • Up to 4 Wireless Joeys and 2 WJAPs allowed per Hopper 3
  • Wireless Joey signal must be consistently at a signal level of 45 or above for reliable operation

So if you have hopper3 you can have 4 wifi Joeys and two access points.
What is the total number of Joeys per Hopper 3? My daughter in Texas has a Hopper 3 with 5 Joeys 3s & 1 WJ. I got her a Firestick for her 8th TV, but she rather have another Joey 3.

What is the total number of Joeys per Hopper 3? My daughter in Texas has a Hopper 3 with 5 Joeys 3s & 1 WJ. I got her a Firestick for her 8th TV, but she rather have another Joey 3.
According to what I posted it's 4. Technically 6 should work but I don't know that dish will allow you to activate more than 4.