Pixeling on ota channels on joeys

mrudella

Original poster
Nov 30, 2007
Saw old threads with same issue from back in 2019. Mine is doing now. Also have 2 ota adapters and does on both. Took old one apart and drilled holes in top cover to cool no help. Had system for years. The channels showing 90-100 signal strength Pixeling on both joeys but perfect on hopper.

I replaced cable from dish to hub and hub to hopper. Didn’t replace cable to each Joey from 203963 hub yet. Signal from the locals is 90%.Sorry. Hybrid Solo Hub 203952 . Not sure if I should get a new one? Antenna is 8 Element Bowtie with Winegard LNA-200. Could the preamp need a DC block before the Dish Dual Tuner? 5G tower close. Looking for anything wrong.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Only get 4 OTA channels and does on all. 2 are weak. That why I added Winegard preamp to get the weaker 2 better. The 2 others are showing 95-100. Had a 12db
older amp for years. The winegard seemed to work real good for about 2 weeks before problem started around 8/1. Pixels ever since on all OTA's only. No problem with Dish channels.

The antenna is but the actual RG-6 isn't. I would have to cut the line between the preamp and the power supply and put a ground block inline. Is that what you are suggesting?

I used one of these:
1692222618676.png

Then ran a piece of copper from that little junction on the side to a water pipe. I'm not sure which line you're talking about "cutting". My antenna is in the attic, and I had a homerun to my distro panel.

My antenna is outside on a metal pole but I have a preamp at the antenna. The RG-6 then goes inside and it connected to a power supply to power the preamp. Then from preamp the RG-6 goes into the OTA dish dual tuner plugged into the Hopper. There is low DC voltage running between preamp and antenna.

Going to remove preamp and see if that helps but Hopper is fine so don't see that helping with the Joey's.
Tried removing LNA-200 Winegard amplifier with no change other than a weaker OTA signal on 2 channels. I tried connecting CAT-5 between Hopper and one Joey to see if that helped but the Hopper said "Upper and lower Ethernet Ports not in use." I removed and replugged with same message. Joey would not recognize a internet connection hooked up that way. I keep my internet modem on shelf in kitchen near window for good signal. It is plugged in but is a wireless Verizon Internet Gateway. Hard to run any CAT-5 from Gateway to Joey's. Not sure what else to try?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts