Restore a Protected Event

dcmcgo@earthlink.net

Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
Is there anyway to restore a Deleted Protected Event on my 522? My wife and I where on TV, so I had the DVR record the event. After I watched it I set the event to PROTECTED. Now the event is in my History as a Deleted but Protected event. Does anybody know how I can restore it? :confused:

I realized real quick that 'protecting' a show does NOT keep it from being deleted!
I believe that it just tells the box to skip over that show if the HD is full and it needs to record over something... then it'll move on to the next-oldest show and delete that.
The only way to make sure a show doesn't get deleted is to never hit 'delete!'

Bizzach,

Protecting a show does sort of keep it from being deleted. When you try to delete a protected show it will prompt you for a password. Then, if you enter the correct password it will prompt you again (Y/N) for if you want to delete it. That makes it pretty hard to delete a show on accident.

dcmcgo,

The whole thing sounds a little strange. If you didn't delete it, it should still be there. Maybe it's a fugazi. Try rebooting the unit (hold the power button on the receiver for 5-10 seconds until the unit reboots). Maybe it will come back again (providing you didn't really delete it in the first place).

Chris,
I don't have passwords enabled on my 522, so when you go to delete any event (protected or not), it just confirms "Are you sure you want to delete these DVR events?" No password required...

Bizzach said:
Chris,
I don't have passwords enabled on my 522, so when you go to delete any event (protected or not), it just confirms "Are you sure you want to delete these DVR events?" No password required...

Bizzach,

You're absolutely right about that. Sorry. I set up the password stuff the day I had the unit installed and forgot that it isn't the default setup. If anyone cares to prevent shows from being deleted accidentally, just go into the locks part of the menu and lock the system with a simple code (we use "1234"). It's nice because it actually saves protected shows from being deleted and allows me to block pay-per-view and channel 100 (for times when someone not too tech-savvy might be watching TV and accidentally hits the Dish button on the remote and can't find their way out...it's happened).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)