Resuming a Recorded Program

rollerdog

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
Houston, TX
Having come from DTV, I began watching a recorded program and about halfway through, paused it and went to live TV with the expectation of resuming it later. However, when I reselected it later to finish viewing, my only option was to start over at the beginning. I had seen this complaint before but it was always about watching a program while it was recording. This was a program that had been completely recorded a day earlier.

Reading between the lines, I think my problem may have been that I hit pause rather than stop. I will test tonight but is it true that if I hit stop while viewing a recorded program, I will get a Resume option when I come back to it?

I did test this last night. Watched part of a recorded program and then hit Stop. I got a window that allowed me to 1) delete 2) go to my media or 3) go to live tv. I selected go to live tv. In a short time I went back and selected the same recorded program and I still got no option to play (resume), just start over. I did notice that if I selected More Info after selecting the recorded program, I got a window that has some information and a Play button and that button seemed to do a "resume" when pressed; but that seems like a lot of work for a resume.

Is there some sequence that I am missing?

Yes -- tried it and it works like a charm. In fact it says right on the recorded icon to "hit > to resume". It just never occurred to me that it was referring to the "play" button. Thanks again to gdarwin & buckdown8.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)