Retailer Charlie Chat Today at 10:45am CT- update on HD?

  • WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

    If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

    While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

    Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

    CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ScottChez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
1,651
142
I was looking at the Guide on a Dealers box in the store. It shows a Retailer Charlie Chat today.

I am sure we will hear any new news here first.

Go Satelliteguys.com !!!
 
The chat begins at Noon Eastern, (They always say it starts 15 minutes early as they scroll important phone numbers and stuff.)

As normal I will be reporting on it live as it happens. :)
 
heh - and my install is slated for noon to 5 EST. Now I really can hope for the installer to come around 2ish! :)

My guess - WCBS-DT is going to 110. :)
 
No WCBS is not going to 110. From what I understand there is less then 1000 people that get CBS-HD, its not worth wasting the conus 110 slot for CBS-HD at this time.
 
Scott Greczkowski said:
No WCBS is not going to 110. From what I understand there is less then 1000 people that get CBS-HD, its not worth wasting the conus 110 slot for CBS-HD at this time.

I have a hard time believing it's only 1000. I don't think dish would bother to carry it any longer with so few people.

Still, I understand the numbers are small enough that it is not worth moving it to 110. I would hope they would remove Showtime/HBO from 61.5 and put up some more HD there.
 
DenR said:
Scott Greczkowski said:
No WCBS is not going to 110. From what I understand there is less then 1000 people that get CBS-HD, its not worth wasting the conus 110 slot for CBS-HD at this time.
I have a hard time believing it's only 1000. I don't think dish would bother to carry it any longer with so few people.
Right now it isn't in the way. It is better to keep than annoy people.
Still, I understand the numbers are small enough that it is not worth moving it to 110. I would hope they would remove Showtime/HBO from 61.5 and put up some more HD there.
That would be a good idea, but they need to get more HD at 110º before adding it to the wings. Show/HBO are doing no harm on the sideslots.

JL
 
justalurker said:
DenR said:
Scott Greczkowski said:
No WCBS is not going to 110. From what I understand there is less then 1000 people that get CBS-HD, its not worth wasting the conus 110 slot for CBS-HD at this time.
I have a hard time believing it's only 1000. I don't think dish would bother to carry it any longer with so few people.
Right now it isn't in the way. It is better to keep than annoy people.
Still, I understand the numbers are small enough that it is not worth moving it to 110. I would hope they would remove Showtime/HBO from 61.5 and put up some more HD there.
That would be a good idea, but they need to get more HD at 110º before adding it to the wings. Show/HBO are doing no harm on the sideslots.

JL

The main problem is that the SHO-HBO HDs on 110 are 8PSK. If you take the mirrored ones off of the wings, those without the 8PSK module in their 6000s lose the channels. The only way they can do this is to upgrade everyone's 6000 free of charge. Now, for all of us that paid for their 8PSK module, how would that make you feel?
 
Bobby said:
justalurker said:
DenR said:
Scott Greczkowski said:
No WCBS is not going to 110. From what I understand there is less then 1000 people that get CBS-HD, its not worth wasting the conus 110 slot for CBS-HD at this time.
I have a hard time believing it's only 1000. I don't think dish would bother to carry it any longer with so few people.
Right now it isn't in the way. It is better to keep than annoy people.
Still, I understand the numbers are small enough that it is not worth moving it to 110. I would hope they would remove Showtime/HBO from 61.5 and put up some more HD there.
That would be a good idea, but they need to get more HD at 110º before adding it to the wings. Show/HBO are doing no harm on the sideslots.

JL

The main problem is that the SHO-HBO HDs on 110 are 8PSK. If you take the mirrored ones off of the wings, those without the 8PSK module in their 6000s lose the channels. The only way they can do this is to upgrade everyone's 6000 free of charge. Now, for all of us that paid for their 8PSK module, how would that make you feel?


This might be on the table, sort of. Seeing how aggressive E* has been with the 811 pricing - would it be out of the realm to buyback non-8PSK 6000's. and/or offer an upgrade el-cheapo price for all 6000's to the 811? This would accomplish a couple of things, most notably freeing up bandwidth by getting people on a single, more efficient, standard.

Just a thought...
 
The only way they can do this is to upgrade everyone's 6000 free of charge

They will, my $149 6000 deal last month came with it already installed, AND they sent me the off-air module for free also !!


Now, for all of us that paid for their 8PSK module, how would that make you feel?

Ok, Let us know ......sorry, couldn't resist !!!

ALL IN FUN !!!! :)

Dave
 
***

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts