Retailer Charlie Chat Today at 10:45am CT- update on HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Bobby said:
justalurker said:
DenR said:
Scott Greczkowski said:
No WCBS is not going to 110. From what I understand there is less then 1000 people that get CBS-HD, its not worth wasting the conus 110 slot for CBS-HD at this time.
I have a hard time believing it's only 1000. I don't think dish would bother to carry it any longer with so few people.
Right now it isn't in the way. It is better to keep than annoy people.
Still, I understand the numbers are small enough that it is not worth moving it to 110. I would hope they would remove Showtime/HBO from 61.5 and put up some more HD there.
That would be a good idea, but they need to get more HD at 110º before adding it to the wings. Show/HBO are doing no harm on the sideslots.

jul

The main problem is that the SHO-bo yds on 110 are 8PSK. If you take the mirrored ones off of the wings, those without the 8PSK module in their 6000s lose the channels. The only way they can do this is to upgrade everyone's 6000 free of charge. Now, for all of us that paid for their 8PSK module, how would that make you feel?

Many people like me received the 8PSK module for free because we signed up for the DiscoveryHD commitment. Even if I had paid for it, I would still prefer that they give them out free to make is possible to provide more content. Besides, how many people could they have left without the module? I don't think they made that many 6000's.

I think they are going to announce that the Albany, GA locals will be coming soon, and since there are no ABC or CBS affiliates in that DMA, they will give you the Columbus, GA ABC and CBS along with a waiver for CBS HD and the soon to be announced ABC HD. Also, Starz HD and USA ED and Sci-Fi ED are coming soon, and TBS and TNT HD as soon as they go live! ;)

A boy can dream, can't he?!

~Alan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)