Retailer Chat highlights from 2/07/06

Slamminc11

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jan 28, 2005
I got this from a friend of mine who works for Dish, and since Scott felt so bad about missing the chat this morning, I thought I would just pass this highlight reel along for him. From what I understand, they really pushed the new Pre-Paid Dish solution for retailers. Remember, this is just the talking points, for complete explinations of the points, you will have to catch the chat, for I can't help much there. Enjoy!

Echo X
·Launching 2/8/06 as 4:35pm MST on Channel 101
·The elimination of SuperDISH
·Using existing spectrum more efficiently to provide locals and high def locals on DISH 500/DISH 1000 vs SuperDISH
·Will operate from 110 degrees West and is designed for a minimum service life of 15 years
Juneau, AK Locals
·CBS (Channel 13) added on 1/26/06
·Until a local FOX affiliate is available in the market, customers will receive a $1.00 credit for a rate of $4.99 per month
Harlingen, TX Locals
·Fox (Channel 2) added on 2/2/06
Oxygen
·Launched on 1/16/06 as a replacement for Lifetime Movie Network (LMN) in AT120 and higher and DishLATINO Dos and higher
·30 Day Free Preview in AT60 expires 2/28/06
·Available on Channel 127
Documentary Channel
·Available on Channel 197
·Available in AT60 and higher and DishLATINO and higher
·First 24/7 cable network dedicated exclusively to airing uncut and without intermission the works of independent documentary filmmakers
Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network (LMN)
·Lifetime is returning to AT60 and DishLATINO Dos programming packages on Channel 108
·LMN will be available in AT180 and above on Channel 109
NFL Network
·Beginning September 1, 2006, NFL Network will carry both Thursday and Saturday games
·Games will be aired on NFL Network (Channel 154) plus we will also be carrying these games in HD
South Asian Cricket Combo
·Effective 1/12/06-2/18/06
·Programming discount is available for any new customer that takes a Hindi package and Cricket PPV at the time of their activation. This promotion started on Jan 4th and will end on Feb 18th.
·Any new customer that takes a Hindi Package valued at between $19.99 and $54.99 during this time frame as well as purchases the Cricket PPV package will qualify for 1 month of free programming at the level in which they initially activated.
Kuwait TV Takedown
·Effective 1/25/06, Kuwait TV (Channel 769) is no longer offered in the Arabic Elite Super Pack
·Abu Dhabi (Channel 768) has replaced Kuwait TV in the Arabic Elite Super Pack
iTV Olympics
·From February 8th-February 26th, our 6 picture-in-picture dish home format will be switching to the NBC Showcase.
·The showcase will offer 5 NBC Universal networks and one 24/7 highlight reel
·dish home will also offer the NBC Olympics Showcase Enhanced TV Interactive Application which can be accessed on Channel 100
·The NBC Olympics Showcase Enhanced TV Interactive Application allows viewers to access medal counts, athlete biographies, event schedules, etc
·DISH Network customers with Open TV-enabled receiver models can view the multi-screen showcase and Enhanced TV Application
·Starting in February, DishHD customers (new and existing) will be able to watch Olympic coverage in HD on Universal HD (Channel 9426 or 9427)
DishFAMILY
·Family-friendly programming with 40 channels
·Qualified programming for all promotions and the Starz Free for 3 Months Offer
·$19.99/mo. without locals or $24.99/mo. with locals
·Primary Incentives are reduced by $100 with DishFAMILY activations
·For all customers active prior 2/1 that are currently in qualifying programming & within the CB period….if they downgrade to Dish FAMILY, all primary incentives will be retained
·For those that activate with qualifying service after 2/1 & then downgrade to Dish FAMILY, retailers will be subject to a CB of the incremental $100 in the terms of the current pro-rated CB period. If that customer resumes AT60 or higher, that portion will be repaid
·If the customer starts with DishFAMILY and upgrades to AT60 more than 14 days AFTER activation, there is no additional primary incentives to be paid
·Marketing materials can be found under Info Center à Sales and Marketing Tools à Digital Home Advantage à Print Ads à Q1 2006 Print Ads
$100 Back
·Available in all forms of DHA and the AK/PR/U.S. VI promotions
·Customer must subscribe to minimum qualifying programming of AT120/DishLATINO Max
·Customer must complete and submit the rebate form that is available on Retailer Care Site and www.dishnetwork.com
·$100 Back will be provided in $10/mo. credits for 10 months
Starz Free for 3 Months
·Customer must request the programming option upon activation
·Customer must have minimum qualified programming (DishFAMILY, AT60 or higher, DishLATINO or higher, DishHD Bronze or higher, Great Wall TV)
·Customer must contact DISH Network to remove service – if within 30 days of the end of the promotional period, there will be no downgrade fee applied.
International No SSN Promotion
·Extended through 2/28/06 in it’s current form
Movie Value Packs
·Customer can choose 2 movie packages from HBO, Cinemax and Starz or Playboy for just $20
·2 for $20 offer only available to customers with a minimum subscription to America’s Top 120 or above, DishHD Silver or above or DishLATINO Dos or above
·During the Starz Free for 3 Months offer, if Starz is one of the selections, the amount of the free Starz credit will be $10…the credit will equal the value of Starz in the package selected.
Public Access
·9 channels that are in free access or public access that ALL DISH Network subscribers receive at no additional cost will be blocked from DishFAMILY
·Will only be available to customers who subscribe to AT60, DishHD Bronze, DishLATINO or DishLATINO HD Bronze and higher
Channels are:
Resort & Residence Channel - channel 216
iDrive TV - channel 217
The Men’s Channel - channel 218
TV Outlet Mall - channel 219
America’s Preview Channel - channel 221
Healthy Living Channel - channel 223
Beauty & Fashion Channel - channel 225
Jewelry Television - channel 227
iSHOP - channel 229
DishLATINO Plus
·$29.99/mo. without locals or $34.99/mo. with locals
·35 DishLATINO channels plus 9 channels of American programming (Weather Channel, WE, AMC, Boomerang, Sci-Fi, SiTV, USA Network, Cartoon Network, TBS)
DishLATINO Bonus Pak
·$12.49/mo.
·Includes all DishLATINO channels (35 channels)
·Available as an add-on to American programming packages
·Not considered qualified programming
DishLATINO HD Bronze
·DishLATINO HD Bronze = DishLATINO Plus + HD
·$49.99 without locals and $54.99 with locals
·More than 35 Spanish channels, 9 English channels, and more than 20 HD channels
DishLATINO HD Silver
·DishLatino HD Silver = DishLATINO Dos+ HD
·$54.99 without locals and $59.99 with locals
·more than 150 English and Spanish language channels and more than 20 HD channels
DishLATINO HD Gold
·DishLatino HD Gold = DishLATINO Max + HD
·$64.99 without locals and $69.99 with locals
·More than 175 English and Spanish language channels and more than 20 HD channels
DishLATINO HD Platinum
·DishLATINO HD Platinum = DishLATINO Everything Pack + HD
·$99.99 without locals and $104.99 with locals
·More than 175 English and Spanish language channels and more than 20 HD channels
·All 4 movie packages
DishHD
·Package prices with and without locals is included below:
Without Locals With Locals
DishHD Bronze $49.99 $54.99
DishHD Silver $59.99 $64.99
DishHD Gold $69.99 $74.99
DIshHD Platinum $99.99 $104.99
Standalone $29.99 $34.99
·If a customer is participating in DISH’n It Up (adding or swapping an MPEG-4 receiver) and needs an additional antenna to view HD programming, the antenna is included at no additional cost to the customer
·Marketing Materials are located under Info Center à Sales and Marketing TOOLS à Digital Home Advantage à Print Ads à Q1 2006 Print Ads
Planned HD Locals Launches
·Planning on launching up to 50 HD locals markets across the U.S. and be in over 50% of U.S. households
·Planned markets for the first quarter of 2006 are: Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Denver, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Boston
Digital/HD Over the Air(OTA) Antenna
·Allows the new or existing customer to pay $49.99 to a retailer for free installation of an OTA antenna to view HD local networks available in their area
·Customer must have an eligible HD receiver activated on their account (ViP211/411, ViP622 DVR) and must subscribe to a minimum of DishHD Bronze or DishLATINO HD Bronze
·Retailer must execute a Digital/HD Over the Air Antenna Promotion Agreement and submit to DISH Network for reimbursement
·Retailer is eligible to receive $25 Installation payment from DISH Network
DISH Now! / DISH Ya!
·DISH Network is the first TV provider to launch a pre-paid program in the U.S.
·Allows retailers to sell to a group of customers that may have been previously excluded based on economic limitations or qualification problems
·Customer purchases pre-paid system for $99 which includes a 301D receiver and antenna kit with Twin LNB
·Customer must also purchase pre-paid programming card for $30
·Programming card will be used to activate the receiver and provides 30 days of AT60 or DishLATINO programming. Customer would need to purchase additional cards for each 30 day period that they wish to continue programming
·Customer can either install the system themselves by purchasing a self-install kit for $19.99 or they can pay a retailer a price determined by that retailer to perform the installation
·100% Customer Qualification
·No chargebacks
·No CRP impact
·Marketing Materials located under Info Center à Sales and Marketing Tools à Advertising Materials à DISH Now!/DISH Ya! Pre-Paid Materials

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much. I feel so bad for missing it, I usually have the chats written in the calendar but totally forgot this month. :)

Looks like the mpeg2 mirror of universal HD will be on channel 9419. They didnt say anything what satellite it'll be on. Is that the only olympic channel that will be HD, unless you live in a HD LIL market?

Great job on the update very easy to read and understand would like to see more reports in this format answers everything in 1 post and covers all the new packages Thanks Again keep up the good work

I wish I could do that good of a job on the recaps. Normally when they have the retailer chats I am listening on a speaker phone while running an online chat, doing the live recap and doing my real work all at the same time. :)

I did remove a few dealer sensitve items, but everything else looks good. :)

Thanks again!

This is an excellent format.

I see that Playboy is listed as an option for the $20 Value Pack.

And that the Family Pack is qualified programming. I wonder if that means one could add the HD Pack on top of it for $20? Probably not, but this does seem to leave that option on the table.

Tom Bombadil said:
This is an excellent format.

I see that Playboy is listed as an option for the $20 Value Pack.

And that the Family Pack is qualified programming. I wonder if that means one could add the HD Pack on top of it for $20? Probably not, but this does seem to leave that option on the table.

You would probably have to add the $29.99 standalone pack which would make the Family Pack with HD, $49.98, only one penny less then HD Bronze, and this would probably not be available with a lease, probably only available if you buy a 411, VIP211 or VIP622.

Good job Slamminc11 - Sounds like that takes a load off Scott's sholders for tomorrow as well.

Great job on the recap.

One correction (not to the recap, but to the info they gave) The Dish Latino BONUS Pack does not include "all" the Dish Latino channels. It includes almost all the channels. Playboy en Español is not included. There is also a question about Toon Disney. I still haven't been able to nail down this one. I put the run down of this in the EKB on http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dlbonus.htm

See ya
Tony

bah..they added the crap fox station from mexico(harlingen,tx locals)..there goes my dream of a distant fox hd..they are never going to upgrade to hd

rjruby said:
If they eliminate the superdish, what does a customer do to pick up the international channels on 121 that aren't on 61.5?
Just guessing here, but the internationals will probably end up in the same places that the locals move to.

Juneau, AK Locals
·CBS (Channel 13) added on 1/26/06
·Until a local FOX affiliate is available in the market, customers will receive a $1.00 credit for a rate of $4.99 per month

There is no Fox in the market. The market qualifies for Fox distant. Anchorage is an option they can add for 1.50 (along with NY, LA, Chicago & Atlanta)

Thank goodness for the riddance of SUPERD105!!! I wish they'd get rid of SUPERD121 too. But I guess there's no slot for them right now with HD on 61.5 and more western cities going 129 for locals leaving 148 to die out maybe.

Vip211 Dolby Digital Optical Out

Have 61.5 do I need Dish 1000?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)