Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hello and welcome to another Retailer Charlie Chat.

This message will update you with news of interest to you the consumer.

Once again today I am listening via telephone to the chat, so I can't see any on screen visuals.

The Chat room is now open at http://chat.satelliteguys.us we will be discussing the chat in more detail there. Please come and join us, its always a good time.

This thread will be updated when there is news to report of interest to you the consumer. I am not expecting much news though.

They showed the 10 millionth customer getting his prizes from last night.

They started talking about HDTV and said 921's are still very limited.

Charlie is offering a bounty to retailers for getting new customers in NRTC areas (although NRTC and Pegasus are never memntioned) Jim says its a good time to sell when customers are confused.

They have doorhangers available which say "DirecTV may turn off your service"

The new Existing Customer Promotion (where you borrow / lease a box from Dish)has been pushed back to June 24th.

Not all customers will be eligible for the promotions or the same questions. Jim says not all customers are created equal.

(BTW Jim Defranco seems tired and out of it today)

Now talking about a specific problem one model of Dish Pro Twin LNB's has because of heat. Its isolated to one model number. I guess the LNB works sometimes but when it gets hot its starts acting flakey.

Now showing an ad for the TV Guide Channel, they say it will be available tommorow and it will be in the AT60 and up pack.

GaryPen said:
I'm sorry. That's just plain sleazy.

Yeah, it almost sounds like something Pegasus would do...and if this area wasn't already a Dish Network area, now that locals are available on Dish, Pegasus troubles, DirecTV is probably soon going to be almost non-existent in this area.

~Alan

Well the show is done, as exepected NO real news.

Thanks to everyone who joined me in out live chat, we had a good time (Especially watching BobMurdoch type) :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
Thanks to everyone who joined me in out live chat, we had a good time (Especially watching BobMurdoch type) :D

ROTFL!!

~Alan<~~~~~~Who is not one to criticzise people for their spelling...unless it's funny...

Now talking about a specific problem one model of Dish Pro Twin LNB's has because of heat. Its isolated to one model number. I guess the LNB works sometimes but when it gets hot its starts acting flakey.

How do we find out? I live in Phx Az and I think I have this setup and my dish blacks out/sound goes out for a couple seconds at a time very often, like every hour minimally.
Only when I watch live TV.
This could be my issue.
Please advise.

rsebolt said:

How do we find out? I live in Phx Az and I think I have this setup and my dish blacks out/sound goes out for a couple seconds at a time very often, like every hour minimally.
Only when I watch live TV.
This could be my issue.
Please advise.
For public reference, it's the CS9601 from China.
rsebolt probably already knows this from the other threads he's in. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts