retailer out of bussiness help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

plumfam4

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Pittsburgh
I have been a dish customer since 1997 I am interested in the 721 upgrade but the local dealers here say they cant help me because they didn't install the system. Can anyone help me in finding someone that can give me the 721 deal?

Plum-man
501 x 2
dishplayer ( what a relic!!!)

SimpleSimon said:
Your local dealers are idiots turning down business like that.

There's huge numbers of dealers both local and online out there. You don't say where you are, so we can't help there.

Of course, the 721 is available here: http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?products_id=126

Why would a retailer be an idiot for selling a receiver at or below cost when DISH would not reimburse them for labor or switches under any promotion? As I've stated before, DISH doesn't reimburse those expenses unless the retailer is the original retailer of record.

We are only honoring the $249 price for customers who aren't tied to us who can self install, and don't require any additional switches. But, then again, they are not stuck with another annual commitment or CCAP, so it's not such a bad deal anyway.

So Mainstreet...you're willing to sell the 721s for $249 (plus shipping both ways of course) as long as I can install it? All without a commitment?

StevenD said:
So Mainstreet...you're willing to sell the 721s for $249 (plus shipping both ways of course) as long as I can install it? All without a commitment?

Sure. Why not? My purpose of responding in this post was not to solicit orders, though.

You werent soliciting at all....just helping out those of us who are less fortunate (those who ordered directly from Dish). :)

The $249 price is more than likely just a closeout price. It looks like there are only 159 - 721's in all of DISH's warehouses combined.

I wouldn't expect the 721 to be around much longer.

I currently have all legacy LNBs and a SW-64. If I add a 721, I will need 5 total satellite feeds. WHat additional switches would I need? Would I need to switch everything out to DP?

ARE they going to replace this receiver? OR are they just going to change the number so they can charge a pvr fee????????
'

I just solved my own problem. I'll put a up a new Dish 500 with a twin (DP or legacy) and run it straight to the 721!

Unless of course someone has a better idea.

StevenD said:
I just solved my own problem. I'll put a up a new Dish 500 with a twin (DP or legacy) and run it straight to the 721!

Unless of course someone has a better idea.
Sounds good to me if you don't mind the extra dish. It keeps the hookups nice and simple. Me, I've only got 3 dishes outside - 110/119, 148, and Direcway. If I want to hook my 501 up again, an extra Dish500 is cheaper than a SW34. :)

plumfam4 said:
ARE they going to replace this receiver? OR are they just going to change the number so they can charge a pvr fee????????
'

I would assume that they are replacing it with the 522, and that once the 721's are gone they would let anyone purchase a 522. The 522 does come with a DVR fee, but it also has the second tv output. So, if you keep a phone line plugged into it, it would still cost a you the same if you use the 522 to replace two of your receivers. In fact, it would be a penny cheaper - $4.98 DVR vs $4.99 A/O fee.

From what I know the 522 will never be sold. Instead a new version of the 522 will be released and called the 722, it will be the same as a 721 but can output to 1 or 2 TV's. I will be in a silver case like a 721.

Scott Greczkowski said:
From what I know the 522 will never be sold. Instead a new version of the 522 will be released and called the 722, it will be the same as a 721 but can output to 1 or 2 TV's. I will be in a silver case like a 721.

Other than packaging, how will the 722 be different from 522?

-Mark

Scott Greczkowski said:

So how big a hard drive are we talking about here Scott? I am curious to see if this will be doable for my family. I am also curious how big the hard drive will be in the upcoming 544 that goes to 4 tvs. I think this is really a cool idea in order to get away from the additional receiver fees and to be able to compete with cable. In fact this will make cable stand up and listen.

IF you can get a full whole house server with a large enough of a hard drive this will definately be a good deal. A 100 hours is not enough with 3 people in my house for one dvr. I have nothing but movies and tv series shows on my 721 dvr. My wife has nothing but decorating shows and game shows and soaps and Talk shows on her 721. My little boy has a 100 hours of kiddie shows from Noggin , Disney etc. IF they can pack a large enough hard drive for a whole family this will be worth the money to upgrade to these new models. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts