retailer's price

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cecri

Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
santa clara, ca
Hi There,
First of all this a great forum. Thanks folks.

I currently have Classic Bronze + Local channels +DHPP(Duo DVR Receiver: 625). I am a customer for past 16 Months in a 24 months contracts. Now I want to upgrade to HD-> Classic Bronze + HD Bronze ($39.99+$10) .

I live in a town home community. So my HOA mandates to go through the designated retailer. When I checked with Dish Network to get a sense on upgrade price $$, the rep told me , I have to pay additional 10$ for HD and renew my contract for two years and I am eligible to get a replacement DVR at no additional cost.(he could not promise 722) . The rep was ready to process the order. I have the screen shot of the copy of the chat.

Now, When I approach my retailer for the HD upgrade, the retailer comes back and says, I have to pay $100 for the receiver in addition to the two year contract renewal. The chat screen shot to the retailer also did not help me. His take is, the system shows the price plan for my account where I have to pay for the DVR service.

Is there a way to resolve this and get a waiver on the DVR price? Any options?

Thanks in advance.

I would just call Dish and have them send someone out, worse case scenario they cancel the order and you have to go through the retailer.

As far as the prices the retailer quotes you, they have no control over it and cannot adjust the price unless they want to loose money.

My retailer used the "chat screen shot" I sent to them and able to get me the deal with dishnetwork. I have to renew for 2 years and No Fee for HD DVR Upgrade. Tomorrow Tech folks will be there to install the 722.
Thanks for the responses.

Upgrading the any HD receiver requires an upfront fee. Doubt you would be entitled to a free receiver when you have only been with Dish for 16 months.
They had already told him they would...he is upgrading to HD from SD. DIU's kick in every 12 mos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)