Retention...

tripod

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
Do you think the retention dept would issue me an up to date receiver to replace my 2700 bought in '97,without charge or just go to DTV.Faithful 8.5 year customer-tp 180.:cool:

tripod said:
Do you think the retention dept would issue me an up to date receiver to replace my 2700 bought in '97,without charge or just go to DTV.Faithful 8.5 year customer-tp 180.:cool:

They will. I got a upgrade to a 625 and a superdish and it didn't cost me a dime. Been with dishnetwork for 9 years. I had a 501 and 7100. Try the ceo e-mail address you can find here on this message boards.
The only thing is that it is a lease receiver and dish.

Later,

BigJohn2

Not into HD or any new stuff,what would you push for w/o a lease? thanx

If you don't need a DVR, then I believe you would be eligible for the 211 $49 lease, which would include a dish upgrade, that's worth a fair amount of money. It's an HD receiver but there are no disadvantages for having an HD box.

Likewise you should be eligible for a $299 622 lease too.

And that you would have a good chance at getting a deal on a 625 DVR, but probably a lease deal.

Non lease, they might not offer a whole lot. Dish is into leasing. Haven't heard much of late about $99 purchase offers on older gear, like they used to offer.

Last edited:
My gut says you have a pretty fair chance to get a 510 for little money.

Yeah, it's a lease, but why would you care?

Just make sure you get them to waive the lease fee - it'll be your primary receiver, but they WILL try to nail you for the extra $5. You WILL end up paying the DVR fee unless you have AEP, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)