Retired - Downsizing Suggestions

Thanks to all who responded. All good suggestions. Didn't think a simple request would create such a furor though.

Flex Pack + Locals. Saves me about $120 a month.

Regarding the Full Time RVing post, wish I could but cannot for medical reasons. But, my second receiver is in my motor home. Much more convenient that moving a receiver back and forth. Have to do a check switch each time because of the antenna differences. RV antenna is older unit and cannot use 129 sat.

Thanks again.

Joe

Recently retired. Dish bill is $174.78/month. Way too much now. Now getting Americas Everything, Locals, Multi-Sport, and 1 extra receiver. Would like to keep Locals and the extra receiver. Appreciate any suggestions you might have to get the most bang for my Social Security buck.
Regarding the Full Time RVing post, wish I could but cannot for medical reasons. But, my second receiver is in my motor home.
How often do you use it? If you are not using the second receiver for long periods of time, you could deactivate it to eliminate the additional receiver fee, and only reactivate it when you need it.

You have to own it to deactivate it without the need to return it. But, if you don't own it, it would be a good investment to buy one.
Even for a leased receiver, Dish will let you keep it deactivated for at least a month before they charge a non-returned equipment fee. So, you could even deactivate an unused leased receiver to save the receiver fee, as long as you only keep it deactivated for a month or less at a time.

Even for a leased receiver, Dish will let you keep it deactivated for at least a month before they charge a non-returned equipment fee. So, you could even deactivate an unused leased receiver to save the receiver fee, as long as you only keep it deactivated for a month or less at a time.
I have a feeling that this sub doesn't go out that often. You can only play that game, and it is a game, so often. Besides that I am unsure that they will let you activate a receiver that is in return mode. They will shut that receiver off when you call to deactivate it.

Reactions: Tampa8 and KAB
I have a feeling that this sub doesn't go out that often. You can only play that game, and it is a game, so often. Besides that I am unsure that they will let you activate a receiver that is in return mode. They will shut that receiver off when you call to deactivate it.

I agree; used (owned) receivers can be had for $50 or less. Return the leased receiver and buy a used one, then turn if off or on as often as you like :)

I know that it can be done, because I actually did that a couple of years ago. I only had one receiver active on my account, but I added a purchased non-DVR receiver so I could deactivate the leased DVR for a month and eliminate the DVR fee. The following month, the fall TV season started, so I reactivated the leased DVR and deactivated the purchased non-DVR. (I already had the purchased ViP211 sitting in a closet not being used for anything. I didn't purchase it specifically for the above purpose, in case anyone was thinking that.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)