Retreiving Digital Photos from VIP622

Bruno4

Original poster
Oct 14, 2009
Oregon
I am wondering if anyone can help with this problem. I downloaded some of our personal digital pictures onto the VIP622 DVR. I was just curious about how the system could display these on my TV. The process worked fine and we can view them on the TV now through the 622's menu. But here is the problem - I unfortunately lost my original files of these pictues and I want to get copies off of the DVR and back into my computer or a flash drive or something. The menu does not have an option to move files out of the DVR, only into it. Is there anyone who knows if and how I could get this done?

Thanks!

Out of curiosity have you tried to hook your camera or a flash drive into the receiver? I know when I hook up my pocket dish I am given options that are not on the menu when it's not hooked up. There may be an option to manage files.

Yes I have tried that and also have a external hard drive connected all the time. The options allow you to send the pics to the DVR but not from the DVR to the external device. DISH support is not helpful and they claim it can't be done. This seems crazy to me - and in this case extremely frustrating. I just don't want to lose all our pictures!

The DVRs only do "one way" - USB to DVR, no way to get stuff off the DVR. Don't know why that seems crazy. Dish is giving you a way to show your pictures on the TV, not a general purpose storage device.

What seems crazy is not having a backup of your digital photos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts