Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
My current setup in my house:

• 722 in living room on a HD TV
  • 722 in office on a HD TV
  • SD TV in bedroom wired to get TV2 from office or living room
  • 612 in kids play room on a HD TV
The 612 in the play room does not get used very often. That TV is mainly used for playing games on the wii. Even if my kids decided to watch a show on that TV I honestly doubt they would really care if it was HD or SD. So, I was thinking about returning my 612 and save $10 a month.

Is there any type of cost associated with returning a receiver? Ironically, when I ordered this 612 I committed to two more years on my contract so is there a possibility of encountering some type of early termination fee for just returning one receiver? If I do return it, will Dish send me a box to ship it in and who pays the shipping?

ditch it and save your self some green.
ok keep it so when the kids start to demand Tv there rooms they wont bitch about it being taken over to "record mom's crap" as my kids use to say.

$15.00 to return, they send box.
there is no cost to return a receiver on an active account, only if the account is cancelled.
when I ordered this 612 I committed to two more years on my contract so is there a possibility of encountering some type of early termination fee for just returning one receiver?

No problem the commitment is only to maintain a minimum level of programming not the receiver.

there is no cost to return a receiver on an active account, only if the account is cancelled.

No problem the commitment is only to maintain a minimum level of programming not the receiver.
This is correct. If you do want to return a receiver just PM me your account information and I can take of this for you.

mfoster711 said:
My current setup in my house:

[*]722 in living room on a HD TV
[*]722 in office on a HD TV
[*]SD TV in bedroom wired to get TV2 from office or living room
[*]612 in kids play room on a HD TV

The 612 in the play room does not get used very often. That TV is mainly used for playing games on the wii. Even if my kids decided to watch a show on that TV I honestly doubt they would really care if it was HD or SD. So, I was thinking about returning my 612 and save $10 a month.

Is there any type of cost associated with returning a receiver? Ironically, when I ordered this 612 I committed to two more years on my contract so is there a possibility of encountering some type of early termination fee for just returning one receiver? If I do return it, will Dish send me a box to ship it in and who pays the shipping?

I would get rid of the 722 in the office and move the 612 over there. That would save you $17/month. I would also consider downgrading the 612 to a 211 and add the external hard drive for the one-time $40 fee to convert it to a DVR. With that you would save $3/month.

Sent from my iPod touch using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)