Return 811?

jhump

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Do I have to return my 811 when I upgrade to a 211? I have talked to 2 different CSR's and one says I do and the other says I can keep it. Then I tried to see how much my total bill would cost and they said it would only be 74.99 Plus taxs. I know there are lot off there hidden fees. Can anyone help me with this since Dish does know what the hell there talking about.

Well - I recently upgraded to an owned 622 and I was allowed to keep the leased 811. In my case it is probably due to the fact that the 811 still has 6 mo. to go in its 12 mo. commitment, but I might consider keeping it after that until I also upgrade programming to one of the "metallic" packs - right now my 622 does not receive any of the new MPEG-4 channels (and of course the 811 never will). I can't comment on your expected charges (can't even tell you for sure what mine will be!) unless you can provide some more details on what you're getting program-wise and whether or not you have any additional receivers...

well I would like to upgrade to the 211 goldhd. I want to send my 522 to back becuase I never use the DVR I am wasting money for the DVR fee. I guess I will purchase a cheap 301 since they won't let me keep my 811. I would love if I could keep it I guess its who you talk too there. I never talked to a bunch of morans in my life.

If you want to keep it activated and continue to use it, you don't need to return it. But, if you are going to deactivate it and not use it anymore, you will need to return it.

So will they let me keep it is the thing. What are all the hidden cost with the Dish is up deal.

I know its 74.99 with locals and I have one other receiver so thats another 5.00

I'm guessing you'll have that 74.99 for HD Gold/locals, plus 2 lease fees (211 + 811), or 1 lease fee (211) plus another $5 for an additional receiver fee. These aren't "hidden" - you'll see them right there on your bill...!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)