Return Equipment to Reduce Monthly Bill?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fiveft20in

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
Central Illinois
There has been a lot of discussion here about the rate increases for extra receivers. On one hand, Dish is getting a lot of extra revenue from people who are paying for multiple receivers. On the other hand, there has to be a lot of revenue lost from people like me who downgraded their service by returning equipment to avoid this increase.

In my case, their plan backfired. I decided it wasn't worth $14.00/month to have service in two spare bedrooms, so I returned a 322 receiver. Instead of increasing their revenue on my account by $108.00/year (I was previously paying $5.00/month), their revenue decreased by $60.00/year.

Three questions:
  1. Who else returned equipment?
  2. How much are you saving as a result?
  3. Are you considering another provider based solely on the equipment fees?

Dish jockeys come up with new schemes every quarter to make themselves look busy! and then they refuse to publish a new residential customer aggreement outlining these changes. State attorney generals you hearing this?

I disconnected two receivers and reduced programming. Net loss to Dish. Any more new fees and I will cancel.

I used to have two 722 dvrs and a 622. When DISH started charging for the dvr fee PER receiver, I traded all in to an online retailer for a new 722k and a 211k with dvr software for my kid.

I recently traded in my old 622 on another account I have for my parents for a 922 . Sometimes I think I was wrong to do this since I don't have all the same features my 722k had, but I digress. I recently added another 211k for my bedroom for my wife ,so she could watch the home decorating channels and I DON'T have to!

So DISH is getting an extra $14.00 in receiver fees and an extra $4.00 sling fee since my dvr fee is now $10.00 and not $6.00. I simply will NOT pay the extra outrageous additional receiver fees that they came up with this last year. I don't see many subs staying with multiple dvrs since this increase. After all DISH is supposed to be the low price programming leader, and for the most part they are ... ON programming. But once you add the additional receiver fees like $17.00 per extra dual tuner dvrs , you are paying more than DIRECTv does. DISH made a fatal mistake that hurt their low price mantra and also hurt Echostar , the sister company. Echostar won't be selling as many receivers at the outrageous prices that DISH has come up with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts