Returning back to Dish

upsss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
AZ
My Directv contract is up for a renewal and I am considering returning to Dish. I guess Dish figured that out so they send me a $200 Dish prepaid card offer to come back. Is that the best offer around this days? Can I combine it with a referral code?

Thanks

AHHH I get what you said now...haha.. For some reason thought you were pushing back to DTV...then I realized who I was speaking with.... haha... But yes, the $200 is an awesome deal..

My Directv contract is up for a renewal and I am considering returning to Dish. I guess Dish figured that out so they send me a $200 Dish prepaid card offer to come back. Is that the best offer around this days? Can I combine it with a referral code?

Thanks
i got a $700 gift card offer to come back . I may be a preferred customer though.

$200 is a nice, yes that is a decent deal.

Last edited:
i got a $700 gift card offer to come back . I may be a preferred customer though.
$200 vs. $700 is a big difference, what did you do to get this $700 card, what is a "preferred customer"? How long were you away from Dish? I can see $700 if they did not have to do a new installation which probably cost them $500.

Their offer to me had an expiration date, so I have no idea what they would give me now. I canceled because of the Fox News outage and they sent me a crazy offer to come back, but I had had it with Dish at that point.. I may check back with them next year depending.

My parents also got the $700 offer to come back. They also cancelled last month due to Fox News and just switched back today. Here is the deal from the email

We are committed to rebuilding our relationship with you, and we would like to offer you our best, new customer offer of up to $1,800 in savings which includes ALL of the following:
  • $35 off your bill every month for 12 months
  • $700 prepaid card to compensate you for any cancellation fee you might incur from our competition
  • FREE upgrade to the award-winning Hopper receiver
  • FREE Showtime, Starz and Encore for 3 months
  • FREE Blockbuster at Home for 3 months
  • FREE HD for life

Reactions: TheKrell
My parents also got the $700 offer to come back. They also cancelled last month due to Fox News and just switched back today. Here is the deal from the email

We are committed to rebuilding our relationship with you, and we would like to offer you our best, new customer offer of up to $1,800 in savings which includes ALL of the following:
  • $35 off your bill every month for 12 months
  • $700 prepaid card to compensate you for any cancellation fee you might incur from our competition
  • FREE upgrade to the award-winning Hopper receiver
  • FREE Showtime, Starz and Encore for 3 months
  • FREE Blockbuster at Home for 3 months
  • FREE HD for life
Sounds good ,but would $700.00 cover a DIRECTV 2 year cancellation fee if you just went with them? I think I paid $430.00 to cancel after 6 months into my 24 month commitment , but that was a while back in the last decade.

Sounds good ,but would $700.00 cover a DIRECTV 2 year cancellation fee if you just went with them? I think I paid $430.00 to cancel after 6 months into my 24 month commitment , but that was a while back in the last decade.
Directv is $20 a month to cancel before contract is up

Both D* and E* charge $20/month left on contract for ETF, so yeah, $700 would more than cover it.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
That is a lot, but if one paid the etf to leave dish and then pays it to leave a new DirecTV account (not saying all did) it would be about the same as what other customers got.

Good offer though.

That is a lot, but if one paid the etf to leave dish and then pays it to leave a new DirecTV account (not saying all did) it would be about the same as what other customers got.

Good offer though.

Not at all, this is a much bigger deal any way you look at it. They got the $35 off that is standard for some packages and new customers, PLUS the $700.

So even if they started both D* and E* one day, cancelled both the next day and paid the $480 total ETF, they'd still have $220 in their pocket above and beyond the normal 'new customer' deal. The likelihood of that scenario is so low that it means even more than that in their pocket.

This has been an interesting thread, and tells me that my next negotiating with E* will be a little more 'forceful' than usual.

Not at all, this is a much bigger deal any way you look at it. They got the $35 off that is standard for some packages and new customers, PLUS the $700.

So even if they started both D* and E* one day, cancelled both the next day and paid the $480 total ETF, they'd still have $220 in their pocket above and beyond the normal 'new customer' deal. The likelihood of that scenario is so low that it means even more than that in their pocket.

This has been an interesting thread, and tells me that my next negotiating with E* will be a little more 'forceful' than usual.
It would be right on par with new customer offers. $200 gift card is actually what the OP was asking about, and new customers can get $35 savings for 12 months on their package depending on the package they choose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)