Status
Please reply by conversation.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
My wife is not happy with DISH right now. She misses the D* Tivo units, and thinks the increase in our bill is too much.

What kind of returning customer deals do they have? If needbe, what kind of new customer deals do they have (depending on if my wife would need to sign up)?

hmm, when i reactivated my account, i got didley. about a week after they installed the slimline dish and the hr20, i nicely complained. retention called me a few days later and offered me $120 in programming credits. i said i preferred a free h20 upgrade.......so that's what i got!!!

I would say when you call direct tv and then call dish and see who gives you a better deal.Tell each one what the other is offering and try and get the best deal,I did that and got the best deal from dish and glad i've been more happy with dish and there dvr than i was with direct tv imo.

My wife is not happy with DISH right now. She misses the D* Tivo units, and thinks the increase in our bill is too much.

What kind of returning customer deals do they have? If needbe, what kind of new customer deals do they have (depending on if my wife would need to sign up)?
STAY with DISH D* no longer uses TiVo so your wife won't be happy. You'll just be jumping ship without gaining anything.:)

I tried to tell her that D* no longer uses Tivo. :D

She's also not thrilled with how they handled our recent issue with our DVR. It took them a total of a week and a half for our issue to finally be resolved.

Call Direct and see what there current deals are. If you still have your tivos from before just have them install those. You're happy because you can probably get some new equipment and your wife is happy because she will have her tivo.:)

If you can swing it, go with the HR20 and not the R15. The R15 hasn't been one of their better efforts while the HR20, after a slow start, has gotten a lot better and is the focus at D* for adding new features.

Every time I have talked to D* they were like "take or leave it" with the deals they have online right now. I won't go into the long story but one of the "Sales People" made promises and lied trying to get me to sign up and when it was all said and done D* just told me "sorry he did lie to you, take the deals online or don't we don't care"

So good luck on trying to get anything beyond what they are offering.

Jason, try to get to retention department vs. regular sales. I took that approach and got someone that was more helpful then regular sales.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)