Returning Customer - No Offers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

callmebob

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
US
So I called DirecTV to reorder service. I was a customer from '97 to about '03 and then again from, I think, '05 to '07. During that second time, I left with about two months on my contract, I paid the early termination fee, and thought all was well.

Last year, '09 I signed up again, but prior to install I ended up canceling due to the possibility of moving. It took DirecTV more than 5 months to credit me back for service and equipment that they charged to my CC and I never even had the install done.

In spite of their billing screw up last year, I decided to try again today. I was intrigued by MRV, new HD channels and other improvements to the service. So I call to see what offers are available and I'm told that the best they can do is give me two standard receivers. Not even HD and that I would have to buy my HD equipment. That ain't happening. I was going to get two HD DVRs and an HD receiver. I'd have been happy to pay for one of the HD DVRs, same as any new/returning customer would have too, but I'm not buying all three pieces.

When I was a customer, my account was always in good standing. I paid via auto pay, so there was never a late fee. And the CSRs, even today, said that I was a good customer and that my account was always paid on time. I spoke with three different CSRs today, the first gave me the offer that I wanted, but I was running late for a meeting and told them I would call back. The second and third both told me that the first CSR was wrong and because I did an early termination in the past that I was not eligible for returning customer discounts.

Does this sound right? I would think that a company that is in business to get more customers and revenue would be looking to sign up customers not send them off to Dish. But, hey, that's just my opinion.

Thats the same problem im having, they gave me a sweet deal to return, bit in my situation they messed up by activating my account with out any equipment wich royally screwed up my ablity to get any deals... Now non of the CSR's can give me the orignial offer I was given. I also had to wait for my account to get unactivated in order to get to the right departments because once my account became active, it screwed the pooch.

I get emails about once a month to come back and the offer is normally matching the current new customer offer.

Perhaps Stonecold can help out here

Personally I think that this screwed the pooch for the op I know it did for Bob

Last year, '09 I signed up again, but prior to install I ended up canceling due to the possibility of moving. It took DirecTV more than 5 months to credit me back for service and equipment that they charged to my CC and I never even had the install done.

Anytime that account is taken out of DISC status it reset offer codes in our system . I would have to look at old account to see. Basically though not many get anything other then standard new customer offer in which I say sign up under a spouse if you have one .

You will more likely to get a better deal haggling with Direct Sales.

I guess I will play the bad guy here, but nothing personal, just business because I think these types of folks cost me in the long run.

I think people that join, cancel, join, cancel should be penalized by being banned from receiving any new subscriber promos. Maybe as long as 5 years.

I guess I will play the bad guy here, but nothing personal, just business because I think these types of folks cost me in the long run.

I think people that join, cancel, join, cancel should be penalized by being banned from receiving any new subscriber promos. Maybe as long as 5 years.

If you recall, it wasn't all that long ago that once you were a D* sub, you got your promo's and that was it, if you left and came back, you were still considered a sub as you were with them previously and got no NEW sub discounts.

Yep, they need to do a bit more to reward those that stay, say an every 5-year anniversary promo; and for sure the real new subs. Habitual "jumpers" need to be ostracized. LOL

So I call to see what offers are available and I'm told that the best they can do is give me two standard receivers. Not even HD and that I would have to buy my HD equipment. That ain't happening.

I'm guessing you already know this but, that ain't happening because you ain't buying HD equipment. It's all leased now.

Callmebob have you gotten the message yet that you aren't that important to their business plan.

I'm sorry. I recall asking for a little advice on a Satellite enthusiast forum. I don't recall asking for a smart ass comment from someone who means less than nothing to me. It must be sad to have such a miserable life that you have nothing better to do than to act like a child over the internet. Enjoy your life.

I'm sorry. I recall asking for a little advice on a Satellite enthusiast forum. I don't recall asking for a smart ass comment from someone who means less than nothing to me. It must be sad to have such a miserable life that you have nothing better to do than to act like a child over the internet. Enjoy your life.

Easy Bob....He wasn't directing his comment at you, more at DirecTV. At least that is the way I took it. I think there was some sarcasm there...

Easy Bob....He wasn't directing his comment at you, more at DirecTV. At least that is the way I took it. I think there was some sarcasm there...

If that's the case, then I certainly apologize to boba for my comments. However, if it was directed towards me, then my comments stand.

Going back and re-reading the comment, I can see your point, but sometimes it's hard to read sarcasm. Being new here, it's hard to tell sometimes because, on these type of enthusiast boards, there are some that are rabidly over the top in their defense of a company or product. As I said, I do see your point and admit it may be my mistake in my interpretation of the comment.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Quick question about new subscription

D* vs. E* & Qwest bundle?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)