Returning Customer

lonnman

Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
After a 2+ years of moving around after my divorce and suffering through Comcast cable, I am more than ready to return to dish. I have old equipment a 501 and a 721. I have 2 TV's, 1 HD and one SD the 722k looks like the best bet, I will probably add another HD TV in 6 months. I had been a longtime echostar customer of about 8 years before then.

1. Since I'm a returning customer can I get the current deal for the Classic Gold 250 w/HD? Is there a bug in there website, I was going to order this online, but on the last screen is switches to Classic Silver 200 w/HD?
2. Will my old equipment work, or is it garbage.
3. On the dish/switch install do I need to ask/do anything special if I want a 3rd tv in 6 months? I got burnt last time on the SW21, and had to drop extra money to add tv's.

If I can't get the special I will probably go with directv. Comcast really bites!

Thanks

Jeff

After a 2+ years of moving around after my divorce and suffering through Comcast cable, I am more than ready to return to dish. I have old equipment a 501 and a 721. I have 2 TV's, 1 HD and one SD the 722k looks like the best bet, I will probably add another HD TV in 6 months. I had been a longtime echostar customer of about 8 years before then.

1. Since I'm a returning customer can I get the current deal for the Classic Gold 250 w/HD? Is there a bug in there website, I was going to order this online, but on the last screen is switches to Classic Silver 200 w/HD?
3. On the dish/switch install do I need to ask/do anything special if I want a 3rd tv in 6 months? I got burnt last time on the SW21, and had to drop extra money to add tv's.

If I can't get the special I will probably go with directv. Comcast really bites!

Thanks

Jeff

The 50x series will still work, definitely. It's a matter of updating software at this point and 2 years shouldn't be an issue, be patient when you're starting it up for the first time though. You've been without dish service for 2+ years so should have no issue getting the new promotional pricing that they're offering but it will come with a 24 month commitment. This will however work to your benefit as you'll be able to choose from 2 HD receivers. The 721 that you have will generally not be able to be activated onto an account at this point though. It's been discontinued.

Best suggestion, depending on how many TV's you need set up. Get 2 211's and use the 50x for a third room. If you pay a 1 time 39.99 fee you can turn those 211's into dvrs using external hard drives, you'll save 5.98$ per month per dvr and it'll start to add up over time. You'll also have unlimited recording as it'll depend solely on your external hard drive, be less likely to have some sort of failure (internal hard drives tend to go out) and long term, you'll be happier paying less money for more product and features.

Hope that helps!

You will qualify for all new customer promotions , receivers, etc, since you have been gone for over 2 years. Unless your credit has suffered , then you will be on your own.

Doubtful.

VERY doubtful. Call DISH and ask them what you qualify for and I am sure they will be glad to inform you if there is any cost for reactivating. If I remember correctly in the past there was a $25.00 reconnect fee. A $99.00 installation fee is for all new installs where no dish or cable is present.

...and a $99 activation fee as a returning customer.

Doubtful.

VERY doubtful. Call DISH and ask them what you qualify for and I am sure they will be glad to inform you if there is any cost for reactivating. If I remember correctly in the past there was a $25.00 reconnect fee. A $99.00 installation fee is for all new installs where no dish or cable is present.

When I returned after a 3 year break last September, there was no activation fee. In fact, I got $90 in promotional credits.

When I returned after a 3 year break last September, there was no activation fee. In fact, I got $90 in promotional credits.

I would say right now with DISH continuing to lose subs that they would pay you to take their service in order to regain some lost subs. So $90.00 sounds like a good start to me.:up

Thanks I'll give them a call this weekend, my Fathers Day present to myself :)

Think I'm going to do the 722k with an extra external antenna, and reactivate my 501, if I can find the remote.

I'll let you all know what deal I got.

Jeff

rule is you must be disconnected for at least 6 months and the previous account must not have a past due balance. if those two requirements are met, he will be eligible for new customer promotions provided he passes the credit check/credit card requirements.

the online order was showing the 200 ch package because new accounts with dvr service are put under the dish dvr advantage promotion which only goes up to the 200 package, the 250 ends up being a $10 add-on and is usually a separate item. if getting the 3 months free hbo/showtime offer, the 250 will be bundled with the hbo/showtime as a "3 premium package" line item with a $31 charge (with the $22 credit for hbo/showtime on a separate line item).

if you get the 722k, make sure to let the agent know you want the MT2 ota module right off the bat, its $29.

Thanks

Jeff

Contact Claude of the Dishstore, one of our Sponsors on the site and I am sure he will hook you, without reconnection fees, if it is all possible.

Last edited:
I just re-signed up after being gone a little under a year. I was eligible for
all the promotions, the only catch as a returning customer is I had to give
a 2 year commitment (necessary for the deals anyway). There was no
activation fee. I am getting a 722k and a 211.

Signed up with Dish Store.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)