Returning dish equipment

Sorry for the bump!

Just wondering if Dish still requires sending back the HWS and the other old hardware they once required? With all of the recent crap, I simply can't afford keeping service anymore. I've already dropped service down to the Flex pack, wasted time clearing a half acre of trees to install a glitchy OTA adapter to save some $ only to have the rates jacked up again soon after. I'm just wondering if they still ask for these old DVR's returned when cancelling and how much is it to ship the items back.

Sorry for the bump!

Just wondering if Dish still requires sending back the HWS and the other old hardware they once required? With all of the recent crap, I simply can't afford keeping service anymore. I've already dropped service down to the Flex pack, wasted time clearing a half acre of trees to install a glitchy OTA adapter to save some $ only to have the rates jacked up again soon after. I'm just wondering if they still ask for these old DVR's returned when cancelling and how much is it to ship the items back.
Yes

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Sorry for the bump!

Dish network sent me a pre labled UPS sticker. No charge to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are not able to reach the LNB safely to retrieve it, we can definitely note this on your account. You will not be charged if you are unable to retrieve your LNB. To make this note, you can reach out to our Chat team here Direct Chat and they will be happy to get that taken care of for you. -Jasmine D.
The previous owner of my house had a Dish Network Dish about 25 feet up on the top of my two story house. So when I moved in I decided to subscribe to dish. I cancelled after about 2 years. I returned the receiver. Then I got charged for the LNB!

Nice move Dish -- slam the door in the face of your customer on their way out. I'll bet you charged the previous homeowner for the LNB too.

This was about 9 years ago. I have not been a Dish customer since.

I bet Dish is not taking anymore activations for VIP 211ks and 211zs, correct?

I don't know about new activation's. But I was told that Dish will activate another VIP211k, if I ever need to replace mine. They will not supply one though as the receiver is too old. There are a lot of VIP's out there, so Dish will continue to activate them for a long time. A lot of Tailgaters have them too.

Reactions: blatimer1983
I don't know about new activation's. But I was told that Dish will activate another VIP211k, if I ever need to replace mine. They will not supply one though as the receiver is too old. There are a lot of VIP's out there, so Dish will continue to activate them for a long time. A lot of Tailgaters have them too.
I had to replace the wife's VIP211K a couple of weeks ago and they sent one no problem. However, I was told not to send the old one back but to just dispose of it and the card (each seperately). So they did supply one.

Dish network sent me a pre labled UPS sticker. No charge to me.

They told me $15 and I'm still waiting for a return box. I'd rather just send their equipment back to them using my own box and packaging, but they refused. I'm getting annoyed and just want to return their equipment.

Tapatalk is getting annoying with these late notifications.

Since these keep happening I am probably the only one receiving these.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)