Returning DUO receivers for SOLOs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wilcharl

Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
Dulles Va
I have two VIP222K duo receivers. Now that dish is raping me on the prices I want to drop down to TWO receivers total (Two solos for my two HD tvs) and abandon the dual tuners and the associated fees

Can I do this without getting screwed into a contract extension ?-

Thanx

Not without help from the loyalty department. Downgrading is actually only available with the use of the dish'n it up program which is usually used to upgrade your receivers. You may have a free upgrade available to you but it will come with a 24 month commitment and the second receiver will not be free. If you do not have the protection plan you also may be looking at a 95 dollar technician visit.

If you been a long time customer and good on the payments i doubt they would let you go without a fight. Might give them a call, I prefer the chat though to be honest.

is d* or comcastic or vz still giving you $$$ to buy you out of your contract and switch? I would let D* buy me out!:)

Sure just got a letter yesterday I was with DirecTV for 3 years they offered to buy

out my Dish contract($200.),give me $29.off my package for 1 yr,a free HDDVR and HD receiver

upgrade and 3 months Starz and Showtime.They give you a code for their deal.

Problem is I don't have an HDTV.I'm a standard definition subscriber and Dish has

more standard definition basic channels I want like The Hallmark Movie Channel.

Dish has more standard definition Premium Movie Channels,DirecTV-31,Dish-39

.Plus Dish's 625 DVR is awesome!.:D

I have two VIP222K duo receivers. Now that dish is raping me on the prices I want to drop down to TWO receivers total (Two solos for my two HD tvs) and abandon the dual tuners and the associated fees

Thanx

You would only need one replaced, the first is included in the package price. You could buy a 211k for the price of an "upgrade".

If you been a long time customer and good on the payments i doubt they would let you go without a fight. Might give them a call, I prefer the chat though to be honest.

Ha ha. They basically told me to leave if I didn't like the new pricing. In fact the person I spoke to said they have been advised not to offer credits.

Thanx

I would buy two 211ks and return your 222ks. You can get 211ks for $120 shipped from amazon.

Ha ha. They basically told me to leave if I didn't like the new pricing. In fact the person I spoke to said they have been advised not to offer credits.

once you cancel they offer better deals, kinda dumb because by that time your likely under contract with someone else

I meant E* had D* on the brain!!!
One final question, if I buy the solo receiver, whats the deal with the smart cards? My 222k that I am leasing does not have one (the "built in" one is still in use) Will e* send me a new smart card? I am sure that comes with a price! I am thinking buying a 211k is the way to go since I can finally get the EHD that the 222k will never get and returning the 222k to E* I just dont like paying a monthly charge on top of paying for something that I own but it is what it is if I stick with Charlie!

lol, well some people are already getting credits automatically to help lessen the pain from the increase maybe thats why.. I guess it's how you approach it, I know you can possibly save on the actual price of programming then get them to swap the receivers or adjust the fees. sh*t a regular agent before you hit loyalty will offer you a discount.. they are supposed to.

chat tech agents are seasoned dish network employees, if calling in your looking at getting anything from a new hire scared to issue credits or someone who just doesn't care. I find it waaaaaaaay easier to deal with chat and get things accomplished.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)