Returning Joeys

scsttrooper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2013
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hello Everyone... I have a question that someone might be able to answer. If I am under a two year contract and have a Joey on a TV that I am not using can I return it to Dish network and no longer pay the $7.00 monthly fee? If so will they charge me some crazy fee for returning the Joey or changing my contract?

Thanks in advance for all of the help.

No crazy fee and your contract is for a certain level of programming (which won't change) not hardware.

Reactions: pattykay
Tell Dish, or a DIRT member here, that you want to disconnect a Joey. They'll send you a box and you ship it back, all done....

Reactions: pattykay
Ok... Thanks a lot. So the contract is for the plan not the equipment. The sales person I spoke with today told me that the contract was only for the service and that I could change programming up/down at any time as long as I had the current package at least 30 days. Sounded a little funny to me...

Wednesday I was told the boxes for the two returned Joeys would be here Friday. Still not here.

Your "free" install includes a provision to maintain minimum required programming (AT120, IIRC), if you drop below that, you lose your discount and may incur other charges.

You can change programming including the required minimum plus whatever you desire as long as you maintain a level for 30 days before dropping down, otherwise there is a $5 fee.

Reactions: CulpeperUplink
When I return a Joey is the remote also to be returned? I will still have a Hopper & one Joey on my account. I'm not in a contract with Dish.

The Joey is free when you sign up. You can send it back if you don't want to continue paying for it.

However if you want to add another Joey again, they will probably charge you $100
F'n BS again, Claude! Added one a few months ago. No charge. Yes, did reset commitment clock.

F'n BS again, Claude! Added one a few months ago. No charge. Yes, did reset commitment clock.
Well, Claude is CORRECT, at least in the past when it comes to getting "back" equipment you've sent them you no longer need. However, a cash charge is not always the case today, as in your case they required you to reset the clock with no charges. So, I think Claude's point is that Dish is NOT going to provide anyone with an STB/Client UNLESS Dish gets SOMETHING in return from the subscriber such as restting the clock, a nominal charge or an expensive charge and that is mostly likely dependant upon how "valuable" a subscriber you are. I can tell you that as one who spends way too much on TV, Dish has waived A LOT of fees for me that others on here report to have been required to pay, and I am grateful to Dish for that.

I do understand Senior Claude is either wrong or simply on a vedetta about Dish most often, so your immediate response is most understandable. I'm just saying that in this ONE case, Claude's point is valid, but I'm sure other companies have similar practices as Dish.

Was it not the case many years ago that Dish would not remove any equipment charges for the period of the contract, which back then was ONE year, or in other words used to say, "NO" to a request to return, say ONE box, and have that equipment fee taken off the bill for the duration of the contract. Perhaps this was the case back BEFORE clients and was the case with multiple DVR's or STB's, but not clients today? We're talking many years ago, but I figured it was the same policy, but glad to hear from the OP that it is not as of today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts