Senior Discount?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kc1ih

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2006
Since I recently became 65 years old, I am wondering if Dish offers a senior citizen's discount like a lot of other businesses do?

Numerous companies are now disregarding senior discount prices. It's as if they figure their prices are low enough.

Since the Baby Boomers were the largest generation ever(1946-1964) and even the youngest of the boomers have now reached at least 50 last year, I can see Senior Discounts becoming a thing of the past in most companies. Although Dairy Queen gives one at 55-just two more years for me! DISH never discounted seniors in the past , and I know that they wouldn't want to do it now ,since they are only growing in numbers.

Being a service compny, you can likely call them and ask for a discount and they may give you something just because.

Since I recently became 65 years old, I am wondering if Dish offers a senior citizen's discount like a lot of other businesses do?
If you subscribe to any of the premium channels they will give them to you for half price for six months. The will not discount HBO. Contact one of the DIRT team. They have been very helpful.

Being a service compny, you can likely call them and ask for a discount and they may give you something just because.
At 67 I haven't seen a "senior citizen discount" but I have gotten a couple 3-6 mo. $5 discounts. On a fixed income even that little helps. Maybe a DIRT member can make a suggestion it might decrease profits but might increase retention.

If you subscribe to any of the premium channels they will give them to you for half price for six months. The will not discount HBO. Contact one of the DIRT team. They have been very helpful.
They did a promotion a while back, HBO and Cinemax for $20 for 6 months. Kind of like getting Max for $2 per month.

They should give AARP members a 10% discount. Just sayin...
Just curious, but why? Most older customers are going to already order not very techie boxes, lowering what they would already charge them, but then a lot of them will be happy with Welcome or Smart pack. There really isn't a good reason to offer it, financially. That said, I would say offer a military and/or public service discount, as the majority of military and cops and paramedics and firefighters holds their TV near and dear and will buy the top package. Giving them a "thank you" credit would drive support, be great for marketing("we support our military and first responders"), and still be financially wise, since they will still have the top equipment, not mind paying the fees, and have a top tier programming package. From a purely business and financial stand point, it could be justified a lot easier.
That said, discounts are courtesies, and not entitlements. We should be happy when we get any, and if we do not agree with the price offered, go with a competitor that offers the price you are willing to pay.

Reactions: Tampa8
Just curious, but why? Most older customers are going to already order not very techie boxes, lowering what they would already charge them, but then a lot of them will be happy with Welcome or Smart pack. There really isn't a good reason to offer it, financially.

Wow! Since I am one of those seniors who is obviously a little feeble minded, I was wondering where you came up with this brilliant research? Of course some of us like being talked down to. I just don't happen to be one. I did like the part about the military though. I retired with 34 years of service but you know, we weren't very technically advanced or I would have stayed longer! I just wanted to stand there with my flintlock and shoot people!!

I'm another senior (66 years old). I've been playing around with computers since the days of the Apple ][e. Possibly before you were born. I worked for 36 years as a hospital pharmacist. I think we deserve an apology from you.

Reactions: lgb0250
Uh yeah. I am 65. I worked on early desktop and personal computers in the 70s and 80s. Worked on the team that put unix on the HP computers. Wrote kernel drivers for dos, windows and unix. Currently working on avionics devices for flight controls to update the Boeing 747.

Yeah, I'm feeble and don't need much computing power. Young whippersnapper, there wouldn't be personal computers without myself and my colleagues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts