Returning Subscriber

cwalter428

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2005
I left Dish in February to join Voom. Sigh...Now I am looking at going back to Dish and was told that I would have to sign a two year agreement. Anyone getting the same story?

That is the official DISH policy but it is not set in stone. The fact that they gave free installation and equipment as an introductory offer and you left them for VOOM. They feel you could leave them again so they are looking to protect their investment as much as possible. I don't blame them.

mdonnelly said:
I have heard that before. What are you getting from E* besides service for the 2 year agreement?
The current offer is 3 months of the 180 at the 60 channel price and 6 months of the HD pack free, and the service warranty for free for 2 years. Not a bad deal, pricewise, just hate locking in for so long. The cost of cable and D* are not options I can afford right now.

Do not trust what Dish CSRs tell you, I attempted to go back and asked about all the offers they made to attempt to keep me when I informed them I was not renewing, no way I was told and the $25 reconnect fee they told me I would not have to pay that was also a lie, they were going to take that out of the $29 dollars they still owe me. I told them send the box so I can send back the 811 receiver I still have. I do not want anything to do with Dish ever.

cwalter428 said:
The current offer is 3 months of the 180 at the 60 channel price and 6 months of the HD pack free, and the service warranty for free for 2 years. Not a bad deal, pricewise, just hate locking in for so long. The cost of cable and D* are not options I can afford right now.
I think that the normal committment is one year for that package. Given that you've shown a willingness to jump ship, they want more assurances that they'll be able to make money off you in the long run. Hardball.

That one dollar VOOM install doen't seem like such a bargain now, huh?

mdonnelly said:
I think that the normal committment is one year for that package. Given that you've shown a willingness to jump ship, they want more assurances that they'll be able to make money off you in the long run. Hardball.

That one dollar VOOM install doen't seem like such a bargain now, huh?

Oh it was worth it. VOOM was way better than E*, especially after they added the new channels.

No real problem signing back up as they are the cheapest option for me in the long run, just wanted to hear if others had encountered the same issue. I am hoping that E* adds more HD soon, but not holding my breath.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)