Returning to Dish--need some install help!

mogold

Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
Went to Voom for a while, but came back to Dish this week. Antenna was still up and properly angled, but only 2 of 3 receivers will get signal. Here's what I have:

Quad LNB w/integrated switch. 4 cables come down the mast and connect to a 4 port female/female connector. To this, cables run into the house into a communications closet, where they are connected to cables that run into the rooms. Right now, they are connecting through Voom diplexer/amp, but I can remove that from the mix if there is an issue.

Currently, I am using only 3 of the cables (I have a coax terminator on the open female/female connector).

When I do a switch check, all 3 show the switch type as unknown. Also, they show "wrong sat", but I still get the green bar of good signal.

In one room, I have a #3900 and it's working great. In another room I have a #301 and it's okay too. The 3rd unit is the #811, and it's the problem child.

So, any ideas? Is it the coax terminator? The diplexer/amp?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

MoGold

It is probably old software in the receivers leave them connected to the satellite with the power turned off overnight. Or call DISH tech support for their input.

software

Leave them plugged in like he said to take the software, but if the problem persists try bringing the 301 in and check it if that one doesn't work it is any of the issues you stated

REMOVE the terminator on the fourth feed - it's not good for the E* switch/LNBF.

First thing to try is the obvious one - swap feed cables around and see if the problem stays with the 811 or moves with the feed cable. If it stays with the 811, move the box to a different room and again, see if the problem stays or moves. If it moves with the box, box is unhappy. If it stays, it's the feed cable from the ground block to the room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)