Returning to Dish - Service order doesn't list free installation?

pomona

SatelliteGuys Family
May 30, 2004
Coming back to Dish from Direct after 4 years. Notice on my service order, nothing is mentioned about the installation being free and no line item. I'm assuming it's free, isn't it? Signed up via text on Dish's site.
Just call me paranoid. :(

Coming back to Dish from Direct after 4 years. Notice on my service order, nothing is mentioned about the installation being free and no line item. I'm assuming it's free, isn't it? Signed up via text on Dish's site.
Just call me paranoid. :(

Did the sales rep tell you what would be charge to your credit card right away?

Free STANDARD installation.

That doesn't mean when he shows up, he's yours for the rest of the day and will/can do anything you want. That's really not a slam against you, though it sounds like it. The tech is only allowed to do what's considered STANDARD for free. Anything above or beyond and the tech is expected to set it up as custom work or smart home sales so Dish can pocket some more money.

He's under serious time pressure from Dish to complete the job and move on.

Did the sales rep tell you what would be charge to your credit card right away?
Yes. Charged. No biggie. Should be a pretty easy install I would think, just swapping out Genie + DVR + Receiver for a Hopper, Super Joey and Joey. I was sort of jerked around 4 years ago after I had been with Dish for 7 years, but all is forgiven now. :hatsoff2

Yes. Charged. No biggie. Should be a pretty easy install I would think, just swapping out Genie + DVR + Receiver for a Hopper, Super Joey and Joey. I was sort of jerked around 4 years ago after I had been with Dish for 7 years, but all is forgiven now. :hatsoff2

If you were going to be charged and install or activation fee you would have seen it on that initial charge. You should be just fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts