Returning to Dish?

nitstalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Hey everybody! I haven't been on here in a couple years (or so) I pulled the plug on dish back when I had a 722 and a 622 reciever. (I actually have two dishes still on my roof) - I had Dish for 11 years

Anyway, I went to the dark side a few years ago, got a smokin $99 deal with Comcrap for tv, internet, and phone and bought myself a Tivo.

I have tolerated the nuances of cable (and wished many days for my old recievers back) But Netflix and Amazon Prime have kept the kids really happy with their ROKU boxes.

Well I am right to the tipping point of going back to Dish. I looked around the website and see the Hopper reciever they are offering... Is this the latest and greatest?

Any suggestions for my return?

Also I see the promo prices on the website, (I know there's probablly a thread somewhere on here) is there a posting somewhere of what the street prices of the packages are (What you pay after the promo period ends)

Thanks in advance, and I hope to be seeing you guys alot again!

Stephen

The Hopper is the Latest and Greatest and has quickly shaped up into one of the best DVR's I have ever used.

It's not perfect but it keeps getting closer with each software release. :D

Welcome Back!

research the hopper and look at your recording habits.
with kids you may need 2 hoppers for the tuners

As you may have seen there is a upcoming promo with two hoppers. the two hoppers are great as you can share recordings among hopper and joeys. As scott said its not perfect, but for me its close

If you come back, welcome back to Dish

Last edited:
As you may have seen there is a upcoming promo with two hoppers. the two hoppers are great as you can share recordings among hopper and joeys. As scott said its not perfect, but for me its close

If you come back, welcome back to Dish

I currently have DTV, but want to come back to Dish. I called today and was told that the only way to get 2 Hoppers was to have 5 tvs. (I have 3). Did I get a bad CSR or is there someone else I need to talk to?

go to main forum page, look at whos on in the bottom
dirt members have red name and look like this

ZachS@DISH Network

Hey guys, thanks for the responses! Looks like things have really changed for the good since I have been gone!

As a couple of you mentioned, I did PM a DIRT member (one that I saw was online) he told me to visit the dish website and/or call the 1-800 sales number.........

Any particular person I should talk to?

Stephen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts