Reverberation on certain channels

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
It seems laely, over the past 3-6 months, I have had some bad vibration on certain channels. This happens alot on the premium channels. I was wondering if it has anything to with the Dolby sound that movies are putting out. I am using just the speakers I have on my Philips plasma. I thought some screws might be lose, but I checked them and they were OK. Is there anything I can do to stop this short of buying a HT system? Thanks

The only similar experience I can recall having was from playing the sound too loud, so that the speakers were stressed. If you burst your speakers, the only long term solution is to either repair or replace them or run the sound to an outside amp/receiver setup. An outside setup is not that expensive if you're looking for modest sound, maybe a small subwoofer and a couple of front speakers.

fitzie

Once in a while I hear a program on a channel that Dish doesn't provide in surround sound where it sounds like somehow the surround channels have got mixed into the front channels at full or even elevated volume. The only channel that's doing it consistently rather than on a program-by-program basis is my local Fox channel. I complained to DishQuality and they haven't fixed it yet, which is strange because they've fixed everything else I've ever reported whether it's video or audio.

I have also seen this reverberation/synthesizer sound problem and I have posted about it in a few other threads. Last week, my wife was watching project runway on Bravo and half way through the sound turned into the reverberation/synthesizer sound that you are talking about. We had to stop watching the show because it was so annoying. This week, project runway was better. There were only 2 or 3 instances where this occurred briefly, for only a couple of seconds.

Someone else posted that E* is aware of the problem and is trying to fix it. Let's hope that they succeed! In the meantime why don't you tell E* about the problem. If more people complain maybe it will get fixed sooner.

Several months ago a Vince Gill concert show, I think on HDNet, was improperly mixed and thus had a sound that was very annoying. I think the Vince Gill show was remixed and rebroadcast correctly. I haven't heard the sound you folks are talking about; I seldom watch Bravo and almost as seldom watch Fox.

fitzie