Review of the BSC621 LNBF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Panamadan

Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
I posted my review of the BSC621 on another forum.

As another poster said here, it is a low performance LNBF, especially on Ku band.
I got much better performance with a Ku only LNBF, but had to sacrifice C band.
Most of what I want is on Ku band anyway, so it was not much of a sacrifice.
The best signal quality I could get with the BSC621 was around 65, with it ranging from 45-65.
With the Ku only LNBF, it ranges from 65-85, on the same satellite, with the same 6' Fortecstar prime focus dish. Quite an improvement!

Unless you already have a BSC621, I would recommend that you buy a BSC321 or similar item instead.

I now have a used BSC621 in my junk collection...

You know there are two models: BSC621 and BSC621-2. The BSC621 will work with 4DTV while the BSC621-2 is for the FTA, the way I understood this. I have heard that it is really hard to skew to get both Ku and C Band.

I am putting togeather a FTA set up using a six foot dish, H/H motor, Coolsat 6000 @ 8000 and a BSC 621.2. Just waiting for warmer weather to work outside.

If the BSC621.2 dosn't work right I will go with a KU LNB.

I have everything I need but the motor wire and I think I am just going to go with sprinkler wire.

... only to inform Mr. zaxxon if he has the hh180 - how much of a turd that motor is for structural reliability.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)