Review or Comparison of Traxis' DBS-4550, -4500 to -3500?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

c4net

Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
Lafayette, La.
Hello,

Has anyone done or know of a review or side by side comparison of either of these 4000 series receivers? Were these out before the 3500??

(BTW PSB, thanks for the review of the 3500.....top notch:up:up )

Any comparison, +'s and -'s welcomed.

Thanks,

C4Net

The 4500 has been around a while.
The 3500 was first available in March, and rapidly sold out---with supplies just becoming available again in the last two weeks.
In the absense of the 3500 during May and early June, the 4550 appeared.

Personally, I like the 3500 better than the other two, and you can read my detailed review of it on the DMS International website, next to Pete's review.
The 3500 is much easier to operate in the areas of channel editing. We have taken a master 3500 unit and completely re-done the arrangement of channel listings and satellite names, in a more logical order---and offer preprogrammed units with that updated memory to our customers. Once this receiver is set up in such a way, it is incredibly easy to use either on its own with a DiSEqC switching network, motorized DiSEqC Ku/DBS antenna, or slaved to a BUD (C or C/Ku) antenna.

Hello:
I have used both a DBS4500 and now use the DBS4550. Still getting used to the new menu displays.The menus on the DBS4500 seem more user friendly. I like however the 9 picture screen which previews 9 channels on the current satellite your on.
Both units have optical and coaxial SPDIF and I have been unable to check the output on the DBS4550 since my decoder is down :( but ac-3 worked just fine with the 4500.
One difference is the DBS4500 had no Blind search function while the DBS4550 does. Picture quality between the two IMO is the same. Both have no problem with controling my V-Box positioner for the BUD and 2 30" Ku dishes.
Jerry

jjpicou said:
Both have no problem with controling my V-Box positioner for the BUD and 2 30" Ku dishes.
Jerry

Thats GOOD to know!

PSB said:
Thats GOOD to know!
The 4500, 4550 and 3500 work without problem with DiSEqC 1.2 and the Moteck V-BOX II, use it with diferent dishes, 1,5m, 1,8m and 2,4m all solid dishes.
Best picture have the 4500 and also the best remote. The 4550 have the same Freq. on the remote but it,s not so good, I must press it with more power.
Blind Search the 4500 have't, the 4550 and the 3500 are both very good and fast,both are the best I have tested.
The 3500 work with USUALS without problem with the SG 2100 and a 1.2m dish, the 4550 not tested at the moment.
4500 and 3500 have a PC Editor and work good, the 4550 no at the moment.
Tuner Sensitive the 4500, 4550 and also the 3500 are very good.
For me the 4500 is the easy to use, but have not Blind Search.
The 3500 need a SAT button.

Saludos
Hiebert

As I mentioned in my previous post, AC-3 worked well with the DBS4500, however since I just got my JVC decoder back I am unable to get AC-3 audio using the DSB4550. I don't have the DBS4500 no more so I'm wondering if anyone Can get AC-3 audio from a DBS4550 ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts