Review: WS International ESX-242 Dual C-band LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stogie5150

Crazed Cajun Rebel
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Slidell,LA
I had the opportunity to test this product this morning, I have been looking forward to testing it since it showed up on the Brown truck.

Opened the box, this is what was inside: the LNB, hardware kit, and scalar. Nicely done.

SDC10426.JPGSDC10425.JPG

I began with a 12' Paraclipse C-band dish, CK-1 C/Ku LNB, and Sathawk Receiver with Euro FW. Below is as sample TP on 137W with that combo:

SDC10427.JPG

This was the ck-1 on the dish:

SDC10430.JPG

Since I can't figure out how to add text after that last pic....I shall continue here.

This is the ESX-242 installed. Note:I did not use the scalar, as my dish setup is fairly complex and it would have taken a complete rework. However, it did fit my scalar without problems.
SDC10431.JPG
pencil.png
Below is the same TP after installing the LNB. No improvement, but that isn't the whole story.

SDC10432.JPG
I noticed that the ESX-242 seemed to be just a bit more stable on that signal, so after installing the LNB I moved the dish across the arc, checking signals. And I am pleased to report that indeed it is better on most transponders compared to my previous LNB, various transponders I tried were 2-3 quality points better, and for me 2-3 points can make or break a feed at times. The California Channel on AMC 1 is notoriously hard to get, and the ESX was a rock solid 71q on the Sathawk. Previously I was unable to get it out of the high 60's.

Its a keeper. I give it the stogie5150 thumbs up if you need or want a dual output C-Band LNB. In fact, I left it on the dish. :D

Thanks again to Robby at our Gold Sponsor WSI International for the opportunity to test it! :D

Last edited:
I have mine on the 6 footer mainly aimed at AMC7...helps with the RTV feeds there
As you say...2-3 points can make or break it...especially when working with DVB-S2

Hi Iceberg,

Are the degree markings correct on this LNB or are they off like on the GEOSATpro C2? I have the GEOSATpro and have ordered the ESX-242.

Thanks!

I have mine on the 6 footer mainly aimed at AMC7...helps with the RTV feeds there
As you say...2-3 points can make or break it...especially when working with DVB-S2

What do you mean? The LNB is off by 90 degrees skew (just as the C2 is). I dont look at the markings on the LNB itself (the 38,39,40 etc on the throat of the LNB). I just adjust it to maximum signal

What do you mean? The LNB is off by 90 degrees skew (just as the C2 is). I dont look at the markings on the LNB itself (the 38,39,40 etc on the throat of the LNB). I just adjust it to maximum signal

I was referring to the 0 with degree marks stamped on the back of the LNB, not the 34, etc on the throat. So it is 90 degrees off just like the GEOSATpro.

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts