Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey Ice, Thanks. I just checked and my local Rat shack has them in stock. I guess I get to play tomorrow night! You guys are a big help on here. So no need to call Sadoun then right? I'll let you know if I have anymore questions. Thanks for the help.

Hey Ice, Thanks. I just checked and my local Rat shack has them in stock. I guess I get to play tomorrow night! You guys are a big help on here. So no need to call Sadoun then right? I'll let you know if I have anymore questions. Thanks for the help.

So we have to pay for the receiver, shipping for the receiver, and then we have to buy an adapter to use the receiver???

This is unacceptable.

Sadoun should supply any needed adapter with the receiver. None of his ads say we will need to buy an adapter to use this receiver. Greg

Well mine should be here today and sounds like I'm already hating it. No manual PID entry? that seems like something that would be pretty much standard on any receiver....one would think. So all those radio channels that need manual entry won't work either? Having to buy an adapter for the voltage before you can use it? That's not right either. I think I have one in the garage luckily. Iceberg have you heard back from the manufacturer on any of the issues you brought up? Firmware updates etc...This may become a $200 doorstop before its over. Blind

I have been watching this receiver since the beginning. I can't for the life of me figure out why people have something come out that is clearly not developed yet. Can't they bring something out that is done with R&D? I understand some final massaging that might be needed to get a final product. But to sell something that clearly is not ready for selling is total lunacy if you ask me. I'm not talking about Sadoun as he only knows what the company told him. I am talking about the manufacturer. You can't tell me they were not aware of the broken promises. They said the receiver was capable of certian things and it clearly is not. Don't they call that false advertising? I will continue to watch as the receiver is one of the few that is in my price range. But the way this is going I don't think I will get one. Looks like I will be looking and learning about DVB cards as they are affordable and do what they say. Have a great day! :)

Last edited:
False advertising??? It would be hard to get anybody on that but the only website that I have seen 4:2:2 mentioned with this receiver is at Sadoun's.

Like it is, I paid a lot more than I should have for this product. I bought my receiver from Sadoun knowing that there was probably well over a 100 percent markup in price. I did this in order to support a U.S. vendor PLUS I expect him to fix the problems with this receiver even if it means hiring somebody in the U.S. to do it.

In a few more days, this receiver will have been here in the U.S. for two months. IMO, that is enough time to make some progress and hopefully we will see some soon. Greg

If somebody wants to experiment!!!!!!!!!!!
There are a few receivers that are similar to the Solomend / Sathawk, namely the AZ America S900
(as pointed out by lpraderi in http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...-hd-pvr800-feature-dvb-s2-15.html#post2133635)
So I went to az-america.com and download the Firmware, Channel Editor, and Loader.
I tested the Loader for 3 seconds, it did connect using a Null Modem cable.
So if someone is bored today, and wants to experiment with the loader :)

Hi Greg, thanks for the quick reply. No, this is a 240 volt model. I am looking at the back of it right now and under the line cord it says ~ 100- 240V 30W Max. There is no switch to change the voltage to 120 and the plug itself is just 2 narrow pins. Any suggestions?

Being brand new to this forum and seeing this is my first post I hope I'm not an easy target , but here is a possible solution...I think...

If an adapter is not obtainable from a local retailer, perhaps the factory plug could be cut off and replaced with a standard 110v plug, looks like since it uses 100-240 v, it would work, or would it void the warranty?

My shipment from Sadoun is due here Friday and I'm looking for a solution.

So we have to pay for the receiver, shipping for the receiver, and then we have to buy an adapter to use the receiver???

This is unacceptable.

Sadoun should supply any needed adapter with the receiver. None of his ads say we will need to buy an adapter to use this receiver. Greg

I got an adapter with mine but it was such a piece of crap I went and bought a better one. The one I got I could have made a better one

on the other side, when I got my azbox it didnt have one in there either. Advantage of azbox is the power cord can be removed and a regular cord can be put on

Mine will be here on Friday. I am already worried I made a bad deal. This receiver is $70 in China. With that price amongst other receivers which are more expensive in China, i would say we should not expect more from this box. A Friend of mine in China says it is a low end receiver made for the lower income population. The manufacturer won't want to spend more upgrading this box given the price.

In preparation, and waiting for mine to come in the mail, how do you upgrade the firmware? Can you put the update on USB memory and do it from there, or do you have to RS232 it? Thanks.

As long as this box lets me see some content I couldn't otherwise see with my Pansat 3500, and is reliable, I'll be happy, although it doesn't make me feel good when I see other people feel like they've been taken for a ride.

Could have been nice if it did upnp. i.e play music, photo and video from local network. To me that is too much hardware just for card sharing.

This box needs a major software overhaul. I am thinking the hardware has the potential but the software is lacking.

Mine DID NOT come with an adapter so I had to buy one.
So far, I have spent $217.67 for the receiver and $10.69 for an ac adapter. This gives me a total of $228.36 that I have spent on this receiver.
Another problem: No ac3 audio!!!
It looks like I have to buy another adapter for the ac3 audio, so I will have close to or more than $250.00 in this receiver in order to make it usable. Greg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)