Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Did you try changing the extension from .dvr to .ts? I can't remember if I did that with a 1080i channel but I know I did change the extension on a dvr file to ts and then I could play it on the computer.

Thanks for the suggestion, but still no luck. I tried TS converter 2.5 to try to convert it and I got it to play the audio in it once, and I did demux the video and audio streams into a wav (that can't be played by VLC and a .raw file that I can't play either). I think it thinks there's no video in that file, because it spat out an MPG file with only the audio stream . . . oh well . . .

I've given up on that for now and any 1080i program I record, I'll just play back on a HD display - right now my living room TV is of the SD variety.

Bottom of this page.....
ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-200/
"TS_Tool"

Thanks for this. I was able to convert another one of my streams using this tool, and I was actually able to play it with VLC. I think the problem is my computer though because I only have a P4 2.8 GHz processor and it won't play the video at all really - it acts like a very slow slide show.

Now that is converted to a TS, the various TS converters I've tried still don't like it, and still say that there's no video in it.

Does anybody know how to configure a motor plus a Diseqc switch in this receiver? I cannot do both, it seems to be able to do only one or the other. I'll appreciate your help. Without this configuration, i won't be able to really use this box.

I had PS selected for my 1080i recordings. I'll try again with TS.

It looks that that setting made no difference at all. Some channels can produce valid files for that Ariva tool - I have to thank Lak7 again for that program - and others can't. I'm not exactly sure what it is.

What software would anyone suggest for editing and converting TS files? Thanks

Does anybody know how to configure a motor plus a Diseqc switch in this receiver? I cannot do both, it seems to be able to do only one or the other. I'll appreciate your help. Without this configuration, i won't be able to really use this box.

its one or the other....been posted numerous times :(

Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't been on this forum that often lately. When I log-in here, I get a lot of ads on every page that is slowing me. It didn't use to be that busy for me with ads on this forum.

If you have any issues with your SatHawk PVR800 receiver, please let me know. You can email me directly or through PM (moderator please increase my PM quota). We have only brought in very limited quantity of this receiver so far to make sure it meets with users needs. Slowly, but surely, the factory is working on improvements to the firmware to address some of the issues posted here.

Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't been on this forum that often lately. When I log-in here, I get a lot of ads on every page that is slowing me. It didn't use to be that busy for me with ads on this forum.

If you have any issues with your SatHawk PVR800 receiver, please let me know. You can email me directly or through PM (moderator please increase my PM quota). We have only brought in very limited quantity of this receiver so far to make sure it meets with users needs. Slowly, but surely, the factory is working on improvements to the firmware to address some of the issues posted here.

Glad you posted Sadoun, nice to hear things are moving along.:)

Dvbviewer and Dvbdream both play the dvr files as is, no need to convert. I recorded them as TS, will give PS a go later.

If I remember rightly, setting to PS has no effect on MPEG4 channels, they get recorded in .dvr format anyway. I can't remember what it does with MPEG2 HD, I thought it recorded it as ordinary .mpg files but I'm not sure.

A better channel sort function. If you scan new channels it dumps them at the end of channel list, not in the list of channels with a correct satellite.

I can't say I've seen that issue. What I've seen is that sometimes at the end of a scan, I exit to the "all satellites" list rather than the satellite I was scanning, but the channels appear in the proper list regardless. I don't know why it doesn't exit to the right list sometimes, but for me it seems to be when I have more than 4 satellites with channels scanned.

Unit is DEAD! I'm calling Sadoun in the morning for a full refund. It won't keep the channel names when I edit them...done that twice since last night. Turned it off....rebooted...lost all satellites! All channels! Everything!!!!!! The only satellites listed are "East" birds. I can't set up anything beyond that...No Transponders either. I tried to add a satellite...No luck there. Looks like it reverted to the original software? It shipped last week with the latest updated software. Sorry guys I'm done with it. Iwork too hard for my money to go thru this. I know it's not Sadoun's fault. They didn't build the unit. But I've simply had enough. Thanks for allowing me to vent.... Blind
Also I've tried to reload the software and so far it won't take it.

Last edited:
Finally got it to reload the firmware. Lost everything in the receiver though....all channels and all settings bit the dust, before I reloaded the firmware. Now that I've slept and got my sanity back, we'll see if it is going to work again, or it gets shipped back. I will not be defeated by a piece of electronic hardware lol:) Blind

Finally got it to reload the firmware. Lost everything in the receiver though
Every time the Firmware is reloaded or updated all setting will be lost - factory reset.
You can use the software from the page to save the setup.....
ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-200/
You need a Null Modem Serial Cable and PC with Serial Port or USB to Serial adapter (USB to Serial adapter can not be used with Vista64 last I checked) It's a slow process to download, but you can quickly reload Firm via USB Drive.

Well now the confusion starts lol....The firmware I last saw here was "125" it's a liitle over 1mb. Sadouns website has firmware that is about 4 mb. If I load the 4mb file on my usb device the Sathawk won't open it. I can't seem to open it in my computer either. The "125" version seems to open fine though. Anyone have a link to the latest firmware on Sat Guys? I've looked and the 125 version seems to be the latest on Sat Guys. Lak7, on page 43 of this thread is the last version I seem to be able to use and get it to work. Blind,

Last edited:
Blind, here is the firm I'm using, it's the last direct from DVBWorld.
I did not upgrade to the latest "Sathawk" version.
UnZip before loading

Attachments

• HDS2_flag_ALL.abs.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 89
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)