Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
1) Should be no Problem with well aligned Dish
2) Sathawk has HDMI connection, so no problem there
3) Yes, early Firm locked-up quite often. Make it the first thing you do.
4) Yes. Anything FTA and proper Dish.

Blind Scan means it will find Transponders / Channels on a given Sat with out having to pre-program them in.

This may not be the best First Timer receiver. But if you just have a simple setup - One Dish & One LNB, I don't see why not.

What Dsh & LNB do you have?
What programming do you feel you are missing?

1) Should be no Problem with well aligned Dish
2) Sathawk has HDMI connection, so no problem there
3) Yes, early Firm locked-up quite often. Make it the first thing you do.
4) Yes. Anything FTA and proper Dish.

Blind Scan means it will find Transponders / Channels on a given Sat with out having to pre-program them in.

This may not be the best First Timer receiver. But if you just have a simple setup - One Dish & One LNB, I don't see why not.

What Dsh & LNB do you have?
What programming do you feel you are missing?

Thanks for the reply! I bought the m1 motorized package with the sathawk upgrade heres the link http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Satellite-systems/Motorized-Systems.htm

like i said before im a big RTV fan!we had a cablestation that carried it for a short time last summer untill it was dropped.There is another OTA station in Ct that carries it but its very low power meaning you need to live almost next store to it to get anything.I have been catching RTV via live tv internet stream from a couple of its stations but one has stopped the streaming and i have a feeling that the other wont be doing it much longer also.

Last edited:
Well at least a word that the update is on its way would be nice. Warner, I'd hate to load all the channels again too. If something fixes the issues then I'm ready. I'm avoiding changing the channel names at this point knowing I'll just lose them with an update anyway. ....Blind

I called Sadoun.com today to check on my order and got a chance to chat with Sadoun himself! nice guy!and he said sometime next week the sathawks should be in.He said he would send the rest of the order which is the rest of the M1 motorized package!this way i can get everthing set up for the receiver when it gets here.Delays happen!When you get good service and kept updated like sadoun.com does!the wait is no problem at all.

HDD?

I've got one of these on order - my first of several receivers, I'm sure - and I need to order an external USB drive to go with it.

Has anybody hooked up a drive yet? What kind of drive do you use, and how's it working?

Thanks!!

yes I have hooked up a drive. Used an old 40GB portable one. Worked just fine to record programs for fun.

It does have issues with recording high bitrate feeds but that is a known issue with this receiver and the azbox

FYI...I hooked up a portable 120gb drive and haven't had any stutter problems yet that I can noticed. The ABC mux HD stuff on G-16 records and plays back fine for me. I do notice that all recordings, when played back, have a minor lip sync problem. It's a few nano seconds off, but I do notice it. The clock is useless...DB

which ABC HD? There are 2 of them...one DVB-S2 and one DVB that is in the Puerto Rico mux

I have issues with My Network HD stuttering

Iceberg...The S-2 HD is fine, and also the Regular ABCNY 720P looks good. I haven't looked at My Network feed. I need to scan that in and take a look to see the studder. I get that channel OTA, so not a big issue. What other channels do the studder? I can't go below Satmex 6, or above G28 at this point, due to trees...DB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)