Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Reading the thread, this has been discussed...but has anyone found a way for VLC to play the TS (*.dvr) extension? Or any video program for that matter...DVDDream didn't want to play it either. This is a 1080i feed that I recorded.
I use Ariva_TS_Tool.exe to save .dvr files to .ts format. I also have K-Lite Mega Codec Pack that includes Media Player Classic Home Cinema to play the .ts file.
Another question, 4:2:2 - the feeds that are pixilated like you're trying to watch something on the computer without the codec - is that the 4:2:2 programming? Or will it not even tune 4:2:2?
That is what 4:2:2 looks like with this receiver. You can't watch it live, but you can record it and play it back on a computer.

I use Ariva_TS_Tool.exe to save .dvr files to .ts format. I also have K-Lite Mega Codec Pack that includes Media Player Classic Home Cinema to play the .ts file.That is what 4:2:2 looks like with this receiver. You can't watch it live, but you can record it and play it back on a computer.

thanks! :up

1) Yes. No Problems with that.

2) Have to check with Sadoun. His stock comes and goes.

3) Depends on what you expect of it. It ain't no Coolsat 4000 when it comes to user-friendleiness, but it ain't no Satpros 500 either. Just like anything else, it has its idiosyncrasies.

That being said, I own two. :D

Thank you Stogie! I'll be placing an order with Sadoun soon.

Final shoestring budget config based on stuff I already have laying around. The Solomend was supposed to be a part of this setup, This is what I subed in its place.

AMD X2 5200+
ASUS M2A-VM 690G Motherboard (DVI_D Out)
2gb DDR2 667 Memory
250gb 2.5" HD

HTPC Case $44.00
2.5" -> 3.5" bracket $4.00
DVB-S2 Card with MCE Remote $75

1.2m Digi Dish
SG6000
DMX241 C LNB
Conical Scaler Ring
Spitefire Ku LNB

Hopefully this bring "great success"!

Final shoestring budget config based on stuff I already have laying around. The Solomend was supposed to be a part of this setup, This is what I subed in its place.

AMD X2 5200+
ASUS M2A-VM 690G Motherboard (DVI_D Out)
2gb DDR2 667 Memory
250gb 2.5" HD

HTPC Case $44.00
2.5" -> 3.5" bracket $4.00
DVB-S2 Card with MCE Remote $75

1.2m Digi Dish
SG6000
DMX241 C LNB
Conical Scaler Ring
Spitefire Ku LNB

Hopefully this bring "great success"!

Boy, the 1.2m dish sucks Ku like there is no tomorrow. But i am afraid it might give you poor performance on C band.

Ya I know, its going pretty medicore. Its a MiniBUD project so I dont expect much especially far West on C-Band

On Sadoun's forum there's a claim that simultaneous use of a motor and switch will be available in the next firmware version. Of course, there's no timeline for it.

Lak7....Well I'll take an Azbox if someone wants to buy me one for Christmas lol...At one time I thought about the Elite since it was the less expensive of the Az's....no longer made so I'm stuck with the Sathawk for now....Blind

I used nmap to scan for open ports on the box and of course none were open but I did see something interesting. Along side the listed MAC address on the receiver was Shenzhen Dvbworld Technology CO. This company DVBWorld is located in China and has some kind of tie with Dreambox. Also, I noticed that there was source code as well as firmware updates for their products. I did not see solomend hd dvr800 listed anywhere but the source code may work.

.... Along side the listed MAC address on the receiver was Shenzhen Dvbworld Technology CO. This company DVBWorld is located in China and has some kind of tie with Dreambox. Also, I noticed that there was source code as well as firmware updates for their products.

I have DVB World's USB DVB-S2 HD 2104 Satellite receiver. While their software does work, I have found that DVB Viewer Pro software works even better. The USB box is compatible (or mostly) with Microsoft's BDA driver specification. It's interesting that DVB World provides an SDK for Windows. I have written a simple signal strength meter (a huge almost full screen P/Q meter) using the SDK, but the SDK is capable of far more use. Funny that seemingly good support is provided for PC type receivers, but nothing for the PVR800. I assume that DVBWorld also provides the PVR800 receiver.

agree with you, fellows, you can dream all you want, but sathawk was sold
as is, look how many months have past buy, and no progress. it is a good
receiver as it is. want all the bells and whistles, start looking for another
unit.

The waiting is over. Anybody still waiting didn't learn from the Fortec Passion days. Thank goodness mine is sold so i won't have to worry or keep waiting infinitely.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts