Revue + ViP722 - Power Button on Revue keyboard won't turn off the STB

irwin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
I have the Google TV Revue + Dish VIP722 with the $4 integration charge. As the subject implies, even though integration is largely advertised with the Dish/GoogleTV setup, apparently I can't turn off the DVR with the button that is clearly labeled as a power button for the Set-top box on the Revue's keyboard. I can turn off my TV, and my audio receiver, without issue, but if you go into the keyboard customization page, you'll see that you can customize functions only for those devices that have been 'synched' with the Revue, and apparently my VIP722 isn't one of those devices... even though every other advertised function works without a hitch. I can even turn on the STB if it's already off, just by hitting the TV button.

This is a known problem with Dish Integration and the Revue. Logitech is working on it with no ETA of repair.
I'm still not sure why you can customize the Keyboard with 722 commands. That would keep me from integrating.
If you disable integration the power command and customizations will be available.

My google revue box works on turning on /off my 722k dvr and I am not integrated or pay the extra $4.00 fee. I don't see a reason to integrate at all.

MikeD-C05 said:
My google revue box works on turning on /off my 722k dvr and I am not integrated or pay the extra $4.00 fee. I don't see a reason to integrate at all.

The only thing it gives you is the ability to search for all movies on the DVR and EHD in very manner and also easily record.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts